Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: browning maral .308

browning maral .308

Hi there every one anyone hear any thing more about the browning maral ie anyone bought 1 or fired 1 308

Looks interesting i have to say, especially for driven boar and the like. Just from this vid I'd have it over a Blaser.

Owning a gun or knife and not using it, is akin to not sleeping with your girlfriend to keep her neat and tidy for the next bloke.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Muirhead View Post
    Looks expensive

It's all relative mate, to some saving up for that 4th hand CZ .243 with Tasco 3-9x40 and just about rotted out T8 is expensive.

The sort of idio....people that can afford to fork out all that money on Blasers for example would think little of the price of a rifle like this.
    Owning a gun or knife and not using it, is akin to not sleeping with your girlfriend to keep her neat and tidy for the next bloke.

If that is the straight pull it is a lot cheaper than the blaser.
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

What an ugly looking rifle. The bolt looks like a bit of old gearstick. Stick with me Sauer thanks...

I have to agree give me my styer anytime

He who laughs last laughs loudest

I would like to see one and feel it in the flesh as I like the idea of a modular rifle and the idea of the self returning bolt is quite interesting too.
    I have read the write up in one of the shooting magazines but the writer said that it was not as accurate as the Blaser but also said it was quite a lot cheaper too.
    Anybody got any idea of who has them on the shelf and at what price ?

Update, they are cheaper than Blasers, I've just bought one in 30-06, see my post elsewhere.
    The wood is stunning and I'm sure that is part of the sales ploy as when stripped it is the inside is quite 'cheap' looking.
    The wood, fluted barrel and ABS case is almost certainly it's main selling point.

It's main selling point is that it can be reloaded and fired in about half a second. That is important when you've got 200 kilos of pig being driven towards you. Anyone who buys one of these probably isn't just impressed by the ABS case.