Malware Issues

csl

Administrator
Site Staff
We've removed the cause of the Malware warnings, however it might take a while for Google to give us the all clear. Until they do Google Chrome users might still see warning pages.

Sorry about the site being down but it took a while to find the source of the problem which was in the banner advert script. We've temporarily taken the banner ads down until I can fix the exploit.

Thanks for bearing with us....

​Alex

Maybe time to set free the 7750 inactive members keep the quality instead of the quantity ,happens in every other site after 6 or 12 month if they don't post bye bye .

I think you will find Bob that the wood causing the trouble today, if our current theory is correct, is not dead but is young active and of an oriental persuasion :eek:

John

I think you will find Bob that the wood causing the trouble today, if our current theory is correct, is not dead but is young active and of an oriental persuasion :eek:

John

sound dam good john ive got the weapon for that

Getting this info from Google;

[h=2]Safe Browsing[/h][h=3]Diagnostic page for thestalkingdirectory.co.uk/showthread.php[/h]
What is the current listing status for thestalkingdirectory.co.uk/showthread.php?
Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer.
Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 1 time(s) over the past 90 days.
What happened when Google visited this site?
Of the 57 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 2 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2013-06-15, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2013-06-15.Malicious software includes 2 trojan(s). Successful infection resulted in an average of 2 new process(es) on the target machine.
Malicious software is hosted on 2 domain(s), including fam-en-om.com/, linking-stories-g8.com/.
1 domain(s) appear to be functioning as intermediaries for distributing malware to visitors of this site, including googlecodehosting.net/.
This site was hosted on 1 network(s) including AS24931 (DEDIPOWER).
Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?
Over the past 90 days, thestalkingdirectory.co.uk/showthread.php did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.
Has this site hosted malware?
No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.
How did this happen?
In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites, which would cause us to show the warning message.
Next steps:

We've removed the cause of the Malware warnings, however it might take a while for Google to give us the all clear. Until they do Google Chrome users might still see warning pages.

​Alex

The warning I got had a click for info, so I did.
Seems you may need to follow Googles advice to get the site reassessed and the warning pop up removed.

With Safari the site is as good as unusable, every time you clck a button you get a warning, you click ignore and another pops up, happens for each post, thread or page, and now probably for this reply.

​Neil.

Already submitted it for reassessment but there is no indication how long it will take

If SD has been installing malware without the users consent what exactly is the malware and what is the threat to users of the site? How does a user establish if they are infected? Is there a removal tool?

My Google Chrome has finally stopped warning. Anyone else still getting warnings?

Here is the code that was injected into our banner ad system (using a software exploit) at 0730 yesterday morning from a Chinese IP. The threat seems largely benign as the remote script it was linking to didn't seem to exist. I purposefully tried to load the script to debug it and got a 404 error.

hack.JPG

Annoying....

I've upgraded to the latest banner software version which will hopefully have closed the hole but will keep an eye open. I know exactly where to look now.

Back