Thread: atec maxim bush

atec maxim bush

Does anyone use an atec maxim without the rear bush in place, or is it an integral part of the design?

I was told by the proprietor of a well known shop that a lot of people don't bother boring out and fitting the rear bush. Call me a cynic, but I don't always believe everything I'm told in gun shops ;-)

I don't use it.
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!
    Another 7mm08 shooter!

Nope don't use mine either. Couldn't use it actually, as the profile of my barrel is pretty big.

Thanks gents. On the assumption that neither of you has blown the end off your misaligned maxims, I should be ok when I get one!

I don't use mine.
    I did however get a friend of mine who is an engineer to bore mine out to 1mm over barrel diameter.
    i suppose if you knock it at the bush end without the bush in place it may cause some sort of damage.

Bushing isnt essential. It does not form part of the mechanical fixing - thats conpletely down to the threaded element. Just there to reduce crud ingress and acesetics ( that doesnt look right? ).

If fitted then 1mm over size about right - certainly shouldn't be leaving one of those nasty wear marks on the barrel.

Its a good moderator - we like them a lot. Just try to avoid the temptation to take them apart 10 times a week!
    Stalking and Courses
    BASC Approved Trainer & Assessor. Cairngorm National Park Authority Approved Supplier. Supported by Sauer Arms
    See you at Kelso, Scone & Moy 2016