Hunting while hungry

Dr Spin

Watching "The last Frontier" last night on Discovery it featured homesteaders subsistence farming in Alaska. One young guy ventured out for small vermin in the depths of winter. What tweaked my interest in the middle of a hunt he said he had the best results when going out hungry. He said his senses were heightened and he always saw lots more animals. I suppose this makes sense. Have forum members had more success while hungry?

I doubt many have tried, I am however more sluggish in general after a meal, especially a big meal, I don't eat in the mornings until 12pm and try to get most things I need to get done in the morning.

I tried it but then ate the gralloch and 'laid up' like a ferret!
:D
Seriously though......
I'd just get tired and pi55ed off as I always do when I'm hungry (which is often). I'm a bit like a muntjac and have to eat at least every 4 hours to keep happy!
Hungry = fatigue = safety issues! If you are already cold and hungry and get injured, you are already in trouble!
Eat til you're tired and then sleep til you're hungry!:thumb:
MS

I tried it but then ate the gralloch and 'laid up' like a ferret!
:D
Seriously though......
I'd just get tired and pi55ed off as I always do when I'm hungry (which is often). I'm a bit like a muntjac and have to eat at least every 4 hours to keep happy!
Hungry = fatigue = safety issues! If you are already cold and hungry and get injured, you are already in trouble!
Eat til you're tired and then sleep til you're hungry!:thumb:
MS

So true although I don't agree on every four hours!! Should have at least two meals in that time!!

Back