Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Music For Dawn & Larder

Music For Dawn & Larder

Mr. Finnbear got me thinking (always dangerous I know) about the ever-present importance of music in our lives. That is of course when not caressing gracefully contoured walnut or tweaking a hand-cut wing safety.

So what's your favourite piece to accompany you on a; - the pre dawn journey to your hunting ground and b; - the return to larder after a successful stalk?

The only rule is honesty in what is "dope" to you as distinct from a number of predictably contrived contributions from certain ar-----s I've had to endure on Radio 4's Dessert Island Discs in recent years.

Guess I get to kick things off:-

a. "Proverb" by Steve Reich - Nonesuch Records 1996. Catalogue #7559-79430-2.

b. "Loud Green Song" by Patto - Island Records 1972. Catalogue #ILPS 9210. (A Gold medal kick-arse buck song if ever there was and oh so challenging for the non chipped throttle of a 110 Double Cab. Please note Mr. Clarkson!)

Ps: As I pen these words I'm listening to Green On Red's "Deliverance". On vinyl of course. Which further reminds me you don't need "Snake Bit"(e) to get off on this life when music's this good and Matthew Piucci is on guitar.
    Last edited by Klenchblaize; 17-06-2013 at 21:37.

Anything AC/DC. Well I likes my rock.
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

Quote Originally Posted by The Singing Stalker View Post
    Anything AC/DC. Well I likes my rock.
    ​Or Motorhead,Whitesnake,Gary Moore,Thin Lizzy etc etc

got to be Big Country -Eiledon with the lyrics="the eagle soars above the clouds, the deer run in the hills and I may walk in cities where the wolf once had his fill-but any song from their 1986 album THE SEER makes me think of the hills and wish I was out on them

For the Dawn, you need 'Morning' by Peer Gynt:,d.d2kMS
    Last edited by Monkey Spanker; 18-06-2013 at 00:13.

Berkshire then Dorset now Herefordshire with a good dose of Dorset
    Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (15)View my Gallery (15)
    Don't stop me by Queen on the way out
    and any Rave on the way home
    and of course I forgot Eminem---Loose yourself

Last edited by teyhan1; 18-06-2013 at 00:14.
    “Man surprised me most about humanity. Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money.Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived.”........Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by teyhan1 View Post
    Don't stop me by Queen on the way out
    and any Rave on the way home
    and of course I forgot Eminem---Loose yourself

Anything queen was sacrificed long ago because of May ,but back in black by the finest rock band in the world AC/DC currently recides in the cd player .

Johnny cash on the way, eagles on the way home, when we used to act as stewarts For antis, we used to last bat out of hell out before we arrived,got the old adrenalin goin.

Has to be Paul Weller 'Wild Wood', The Stone's 'Sympathy for the Devil' and Miles Davis 'So What' and I'm feeling good and every things in perspective!