Poll. training for licensing staff?

Training for licensing staff

• Total voters

finnbear270

Your vote on a yes or no base, do you think their costs would go down, if staff were to take a short course in applying "Guidance", by a recognised training provider, (excluding in house options), maybe somebody like LANTRA, or ex H.M. forces training staff, or even NRA ?

:tiphat:

Training is done in dorset but its done with a negative attitude towards providing a service, its skewed towards enforcement of an activity rather than about service delivery. BASC offered to have an input but they refused. In short its most unfortunate that the police wish to remain distant from the expertise in the sporting associations and to continue to argue against us from a position of ignorance and occasionally using bullyboy tactics because they are foremost a licensing authority formed by legislation and using that statutory power to disallow rather than allow as is the fudament of british law.

As for DMQs it is my experience certain individual enquiry staff use their qualifications against us in that knowledge is power. As deerstalking is unecessarilly treated as a cult activity by certain forces it is very easy for FEOs to take the moral high ground and scupper applications. Newcomers fail detailed questions that the FEO has delivered after careful analysis of the DMQ course. Nasal botfly infection for example has been used to fail an applicants knowledge and ultimately suitability. Such a medical condition in deer has nothing to do with the safe handling of a rifle!!

Last edited:
Well said David now What Are Basc Doing About It????
For me David I'm beginning to feel that BASC is loosing its way a bit it needs to challenge these attitudes up front and publicly, after years of Pussey footing around for scraps from the ACPO's table and it seems only getting AOLQ in a trade off for supporting a licence price rise which is fundamentally wrong the softly softly approach isnt working theres been complaints about licencing practices for as long as i can remember and it just goes around in circles improvement then crap again about time it was sorted with proper definition, its not difficult but its gone on long enough!

Training is done in dorset but its done with a negative attitude towards providing a service, its skewed towards enforcement of an activity rather than about service delivery. BASC offered to have an input but they refused. In short its most unfortunate that the police wish to remain distant from the expertise in the sporting associations and to continue to argue against us from a position of ignorance and occasionally using bullyboy tactics because they are foremost a licensing authority formed by legislation and using that statutory power to disallow rather than allow as is the fudament of british law.

Back