Resizing after anealing

big ears

Hi
just anealed a load of brass which has been fired in my rifle a few times. am I better to FL resize or can I get away with neck sizing as the first sizing after anealing
thanks

​BE

Hi
just anealed a load of brass which has been fired in my rifle a few times. am I better to FL resize or can I get away with neck sizing as the first sizing after anealing
thanks

​BE

Neck size one and see if it fits your chamber..... I usually neck size and cycle all my cases through the rifle before priming to check they chamber and then full length any that are tight.

Depending on the strength of the extractor I'd put a finger on the case to keep it straight as it comes out.... I think it was on a Remi .223, or possibly a BSA CF2 .222, that the spring was strong enough to slightly flatten the neck against the side of the chamber on extraction.

There's nothing more galling than getting a loaded round and finding it's tight 'cos it needed a full-length. (Been there, done that)

atb

Fizz
:cool:

I always full length resize after annealing. I would rather find an over annealed case in my die than my rifle. Regards JCS

Back