Thread: It's not all doom and gloom

It's not all doom and gloom

After all the threads about people getting screwed and cheated out of goods or money I thought I'd post one about a transaction that went smoothly and both parties were very happy. I posted a thread a few weeks ago asking for suggestions for a fixed power scope and 20-250 said he may have a scope I'd be interested in. After a few emails and pictures a price was agreed, payment by bank transfer and scope arrived in perfect (if not better than expected) conditional couple of days later.

Great transaction with a thoroughly decent guy that I'd happily do business with again. Just need to get it mounted and zeroed and then back on the bunnies and squirrels.

Been lucky too with all my dealings albeit only one was of a significant sum.

As the member was selling a number of top range items and my deal went through first I thought it helpful to both seller and would-be purchasers to provide in-thread ebay-like "feedback".

Perhaps there's something in that approach to be developed or at least promoted by SD staff?

Last edited by Klenchblaize; 18-06-2013 at 18:09.

still got a 100% rate on dealing's with chaps on the sd

Thanks for the vote of confidence. I'm glad that you've received the scope safely and am sure it'll do you good service.
    It was a pleasure dealing with you.

On the air gun forum I frequent they have a feedback system that works very well but as with all things you have to start somewhere and I think most people still work on length of member and post count to judge.

maybe start a good guy list on the forum, have seen this on other forums.

Quote Originally Posted by paul o' View Post
    still got a 100% rate on dealing's with chaps on the sd
    +1 never had anything bad to say about any SD members so far & made a few friends in the process
    Just made a purchase from chris c on this site. Could not fault in any way, top bloke.

Dorset/Somerset/Wilts Border
    Blog Entries
    I must have been lucky. In the few months since I joined I have bought an RCBS Chargemaster Combo, Lapua Brass, Sako Brass, got given some .38 brass and some Sierra boxes, a Pes T12 moderator and sold a set of Scope Mounts.

Be sensible.
    Yes I should have taken the Blue Pill!

We were so busy congratulating ourself of dodging Orwells vision we marched right into Huxley's.