Level 2, anyone have a 2nd phone call?

devon deer stalker

Having been a member on here for several years I can't remember anyone saying they had a second phone call before the L2 is awarded.
I just assumed once I had received my phone call out of the blue from my assessor that would be it and I could sit back on my laurels and wait for the post.
How wrong was I!
3 weeks after the initial call I get another, this time from the internal verifier, they said the assessor hadn't gone into the questioning in enough depth, so it was round two!
It wasn't a problem initially but after nearly 20 minutes I did start to lose patience and they sensed the tone, the questioning was just getting petty and silly, I answered all the questions correctly and then some.
They said they would take the assessor aside and give him some advice, which in my opinion was a bit of a joke because the guy who rang me was a very pleasant guy and as one would expect very, very knowledgeable.
So there you go, just beware you might get a 2nd call, but has anyone else?
Cheers
Richard

I had numerous phonecalls, my assessor had a penchant for chest shooting and one of my icr's was a headshot from 80m off sticks (i had stalked/crawled across 300m of open stubble while the deer were feeding to get into position). My icr was accepted and i have my level 2 based on my 3 submitted icr's. the other 2 were in dense woodland where i took cull fallow from large herds at very close range.

No but I was we'll questioned by the assessor and he had questions on one of my icr's that he even told me was covered in the next one but asked it any way.
He was very thorough in his questioning and I had a major blank at one point and could not for the life of me remember Ecoli but remembered Campylobacter so that was good enough,won't forget it again thats for sure:lol:
After that got my portfolio back in about 2weeks then DSC2 about another 2 iirc.

not as yet but will be on tender hooks now, my assessors questions were thorough and went through my stalks and what happened back at the larder as well as deer going into the food chain.
I put down alot of content on my dsc2 which i thought was relevent and my writeups were quite long so fingers crossed but my assessor last night seemed happy with everything, atb wayne

What wrong with getting a second phone call ? Might catch out some of the guys who are buying portfolios to submit.

nothing wrong with a second phonecall it still doesn't stop me thinking about it I am always nervous on the phone even when its to do with work I would much rather talk to somebody face to face i find it easy to read people then, atb wayne.

Having been a member on here for several years I can't remember anyone saying they had a second phone call before the L2 is awarded. I just assumed once I had received my phone call out of the blue from my assessor that would be it and I could sit back on my laurels and wait for the post. How wrong was I! 3 weeks after the initial call I get another, this time from the internal verifier, they said the assessor hadn't gone into the questioning in enough depth, so it was round two! It wasn't a problem initially but after nearly 20 minutes I did start to lose patience and they sensed the tone, the questioning was just getting petty and silly, I answered all the questions correctly and then some. They said they would take the assessor aside and give him some advice, which in my opinion was a bit of a joke because the guy who rang me was a very pleasant guy and as one would expect very, very knowledgeable. So there you go, just beware you might get a 2nd call, but has anyone else? Cheers Richard

DDS and all,
Yes it is not uncommon that a second call may come from an internal verifyer. That information is also written there on page 6 of your portfolio. It will almost certainly happen if the amount of recorded questioning is sparse or does not cover the PC's fully enough.
It is all simply a verification that there is enough evidence, and that the evidence recorded is valid. This shouldn't be a problem for anyone it is simply ensuring those who submit the portfolio,that their AW's and assessors are regularly assessed themselves to ensure the standard and qualification is valid.

Best regards. to all.

Jon.

I was aware it could happen but didn't expect it to happen, my portfolio was complete (but I did forget to write my name on one ICR)and as far as I was aware the assessor did his part, this thread just brings it to the attention of everyone that (as you stated) it is not uncommon to get a call from the internal verifier.
Cheers
Richard

Hi DDS
I had a couple of phone calls, the assessor thought my portfolio was complete enough but the verifier picked up on a couple of items. To be fair after a chat and some questions there were bits that I could have explained and detailed more clearly in my portfolio. I added more information to my portfolio and re submitted it. I then had to wait for a couple of weeks till the verifier rang and asked me a few more questions. In the end it was fine but did drag the process out a bit.
To anyone doing their DSC2 I would suggest writing a very detailed account to go with each ICR, make sure you cover the gralloch and inspection in detail
2teal

Back