Thread: New member from Ross Shire

New member from Ross Shire

Hi there.
    Just joined the site. Live near Strathconon around 20 miles from Inverness. Enjoy all forms of field sports, had a year with the North Highland College doing gamekeeping based in Berriedale. Currently working for SSE but try and do as much stalking as possible. Mostly reds on the estate where I help out, also some Roe on farms in the area. Hope is to get some contract work once I get my level 2.

Recently purchased a Sako 85 .270 syn stainless, (.270 over 243 for Sika and woodland deer delighted with the rifle even though it nearly put me on the bread line!! Mod will follow soon hopefuly. Any recomendations will be greatly recieved.

Great site with lots of good information.

Afternoon & welcome, If you roll your own try Nosler 130grain partitions, Steve.

Good afternoon welcome to the best site in the UK I live in cheshire but once spent 2weeks holiday in a little tin clad house half way down strathconan is it still there.

Thanks for the welcome.
    Have read about the many advantages to home loading but am quite happy with the factory stuff at the mo. Using 130 grain Norma soft point, so far so good. Got a box of the v max 110 g to see how the zero is affected, not tried them just yet tho.

Sikadog, yeah im pretty sure the house is still standing, I hope you recieved some typical Highland hospitality!

I know everybody probably has different ideas but was wondering what is the best method for cleaning the rifle? I clean it after every outing but wanted to gauge opinion. Apologies if this has been posted hundreds of times!