North West BDS / Deer Initiative Joint Rifle Training Day

Ronin

Distinguished Member
North West BDS in conjunction with the Deer Initiative are considering holding another Rifle Training Day at a branch range in the North West.

The dates of the course is likely to be in September 2013 - at present we are gauging interest.

This course will look at gun fit, marksmanship principles, zeroing, range estimation, wind judging and different shooting positions. There will be the opportunity to put into practice the entire above out on the range.

The instructor will be Bradley Bourner who is a marksman and instructor in the Royal Marine Commandos

Should anyone be interested in participating, you will need to contact Alistair Boston from the Deer Initiative at the above e -mail address northwest@thedeerinitiative.co.uk on work mobile 07855 606877 to register interest.

You will also need 60 rounds for the day, a rifle, FAC, insurance etc.

The cost of the day is to be arranged

I guarantee no matter how experienced a shot you are, you will learn something pertinent to deer management

is bradley the same guy who did the best practice day at bassenthwait earlier this yearand some stupid old git who thought he knew better argued with him about scopes?

is bradley the same guy who did the best practice day at bassenthwait earlier this yearand some stupid old git who thought he knew better argued with him about scopes?

Yes, the very same,

cannot comment on the argument, I wasn't there, though I imagine I could predict the outcome...

Gents

The two course dates are now confirmed as 21st an 22nd September.

The cost is £60 (this is for one day and its a one day course)

The venue will be the BDS Range at Grayrigg near Kendal

We will use the Grayrigg Memorial Hall as a training centre and alternate bettween there and the range throughout the day (each day)

​You will need wet weather gear, food for your lunch, tea and coffee (maybe biscuits) will be provided.

Registration is 08:30am each day

Please direct all enquiries regarding registering on the course and choosing which of the two dates you want to attend contact Alistair Boston from the Deer Initiative at e -mail address northwest@thedeerinitiative.co.uk or on work mobile 07855 606877.

Places are limited and its worth attending - everyone, no matter how experienced, will learn something.

Gents

We will use the Grayrigg Memorial Hall as a training centre and alternate bettween there and the range throughout the day (each day)

​You will need wet weather gear, food for your lunch, tea and coffee (maybe biscuits) will be provided.

Please direct all enquiries regarding registering on the course and choosing which of the two dates you want to attend contact Alistair Boston from the Deer Initiative at e -mail address northwest@thedeerinitiative.co.uk or on work mobile 07855 606877.

Places are limited and its worth attending - everyone, no matter how experienced, will learn something.

any courses like this in Scotland?

Gents

I have emailed Alistair a couple of times with no reply. Could he be on holiday or should i just call his mobile?

Back