Light factory rounds for 30-06

willyroe

I have been looking at factory 30-06 rounds and wonder if anyone can help me or point me in the direction of a light round, 100-125gr? Does anyone use this sort of weight or know if it can easily be bought? Any links for balistic info? Thanksin advance.

Try Sako I think they do them in 123gr.
Bush wear got some 150gr in for me a while back, give them a call they should be able to help you out.

john

Sako game head 123gr . Fast, accurate but a little brutal!

Hi Penyard when you say a little brutal is that on the end result or the shooter, I am looking at a lighter round to push down our clubs 100 range
Cheers

It would be a lot cheaper to get a smaller cal for plinking

Yeah not really for plinking lots, just need to fire a few off now and again will reload a lighter round then go back to 185grn for the boar :D

Hi Penyard when you say a little brutal is that on the end result or the shooter, I am looking at a lighter round to push down our clubs 100 range
Cheers
A little brutal on target, especially small deer. Not excessive but a bit more meat damage than a heavier, tougher option. Don't get me wrong, great bullets and very accurate. Not too hard on the shoulder either.

Back