Go Pro Cameras

jamross65

Anyone on here have experience of the above, and in particular obviously their use in stalking?

the kids are wanting me to get one so I can film them trying to kill themselves (as I follow from behind, obviously) on the downhill sections on the mountain-bikes but wondered if they were a bit limited for anything except action/sports shots???

I thought that the chest mount thingy would be good for getting some of the dogs tracks/deer recovery on film as well...

Sitting in a drawer unused having thought it might work atop rifle scope when calling woodland fox.

Let me know how you get on please.

Cheers

K

Last edited:
They are excellent cameras, I cant fault mine at all. Ive had mine round the Isle of Man on my motorbike and got excellent footage and also good for just using as an extremely robust digital camera.

Go on youtube and you will see for yourself how good they are. There is an excellent video of a man and his dog out shooting both of them with cameras on. It is worth noting that the newer models have much more accessories available for them. Wi-fi add-ons etc. The lcd screen is a must for me. It also allows for poor photos / videos to be deleted straight away freeing up memory.

They are slightly pricey but at the end of the day you get what you pay for.

Cheers

Hello

I have one, my 2yr old is sponsored by a bike shop and uses the Go Pro for his biking videos, yup the next Danny Mac in the making.

Click the little cog and select 720P HD for full HD video, they can shoot 1080P also but i recorded 720P.

I have lots of fun with it too, and have used it for everything from filming underwater, mountain biking, quad biking and even for a friends holiday cottage website.

If you are interested, Spypoint are launching a Go Pro competitor soon, with weapon mount, better video quality and cheaper.

Get in touch if you want to try one.

Regards

Paul

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies.

i have looked on youtube and the quality of even the older models looks very good.

one of the incentives just now is that there is an offer on whereby if you buy a camera you receive a voucher for £100 off the purchase of another one! It seemed too good to be true but my mate has just bought one and passed the offer in to me. I'll have to look into it...

They are amazing but they have no zoom! Here's a video I made with one using a head mount.
1000m Track - YouTube

​lots of mounting options but the best results can be had by editing for anti fish eye etc.

Have a look at the Drift HD (currently £145 on amazon) I slap this on my helmet when out on the motorbike and it works a charm! It also has a 4x built in zoom so you can if you want move in a bit.

1080p, nice and compact, water proof, loads of mounts available (including a picatiny) and for half the price of a GoPro you can't really ask for much more, takes up to 32GB micro SD cards for about 9hours of 1080p footage :)

edit: forgot to say comes with a wireless wrist strap so don't need to fiddle when the camera is on your head/ rifle etc just tap the record button on the wrist and off it goes.

Last edited:
Back