Glasgow Binocular Repair

caorach

I sent my Optolyth draw telescope off to Glasgow Binocular Repair for a service and clean. While it was with them they spotted some problem with the prism and so we decided to replace it as well. Despite having to send to Germany for the parts the scope arrived back with me yesterday after less than 3 weeks. It now looks, works and produces an image like a new scope and in my view the cost was very reasonable indeed.

If you have a draw scope such as the Optolyth that needs work or is getting a little dirty inside then I can recommend the good folks in Glasgow, if you get it off to them now it should be back before the season starts. It also gives some confidence if you are buying from ebay or similar that most faults and problems can be fixed allowing you to buy into good optics at a fraction of the cost of buying a new scope..

I have no connection with them other than that they did a good job on my scope and I thought this info might be useful to others, contact details are:

Glasgow Binocular Repairs
4th Floor
93 Hope Street
Glasgow
G2 6LD
Tel: 01412487179

I can second that having had work done by them. Its is good to see something positive being said about service you get. I remember an old boss of mine telling me, do a good job for someone and they tell a couple of folk, do a bad job for them and they tell the world.

Have used them going back at least ten years, possibly more

Never a problem, they do a great job

Used em last year after my cheapo binos got "little girl`d" down the stairs
Sorted sharpish and for very good money

Used them when my zeiss fell from quad all new parts fitted ,and serviced great service from these people shotz

For my 30X80 Optolyth a full service and clean was quoted at about £66 including return postage. Because it needed a prism it cost more in the end but I still thought it was reasonable for the work done.

Hi, Does anybody know if The Glasgow Binocular repair centre is still going? I tried to call today to get my binos sorted but the phone number doesn't seem to work?

Cheers
Jimmy

Hi Jimmy

They we're a few weeks ago when I phoned with an enquiry, they did mentioned that one of the technicians had suddenly and unexpectedly died and therefore they would only be repairing certain makes, I'm not sure if it's relevant though.

Thanks for that, I hope it's not Dougie coz I think he was not well?
I've not had to use them for a while :(

Back