Great price - bargain!!!

Rusty Gate

Just seen another! We all joined to exchange info/chat or with the expense of some components buy and sell to eachother creating reasonable deals..............unless a TRADE MEMBER beats them to it! No follow up post offering the guy a "cost price" item via their TRADE account. Unless the trade are willing to allow us there buy in prices it hardly seems fair they have access to ours.
Those marked trade should be limited to "sell only" and business contact info.

Noticed a few now..........in a Gentlemans Sport?

You dont have to be a trade member on a forum to see people buying and selling stuff to make profit.. Its inevitable i think but in the minority luckily. The book also stops with the buyer, if theyre not happy with the price, then they wont buy it. If demand dictates they want it, then they will.

I do agree with your take on the situation but think its a bit tricky to police..

Just seen another! We all joined to exchange info/chat or with the expense of some components buy and sell to eachother creating reasonable deals..............unless a TRADE MEMBER beats them to it! No follow up post offering the guy a "cost price" item via their TRADE account. Unless the trade are willing to allow us there buy in prices it hardly seems fair they have access to ours.

Even though 'Trade' members pay £10 per month to support the site? :stir:

Even though 'Trade' members pay £10 per month to support the site? :stir:

You really must explain how that is of benefit to us all again? Trade Members buying out of the used section not there catalogues (only of further benefit to themselves). If there are less bargain items like that it takes away from the site's appeal. While some have checked the product online those with experience and price lists can confidently snap them up.

So if someone is a trade member so he can let stalking days he shouldn't buy equipment on the forum?

You really must explain how that is of benefit to us all again? Trade Members buying out of the used section not there catalogues (only of further benefit to themselves). If there are less bargain items like that it takes away from the site's appeal. While some have checked the product online those with experience and price lists can confidently snap them up.

Because without money who will pay for servers etc etc?? I think you are somewhat deluded. Do you actually think trade members shouldn't be allowed to purchase s/h items on here??
you know if your not happy you could always delete your account.......

You dont have to be a trade member on a forum to see people buying and selling stuff to make profit.. Its inevitable i think but in the minority luckily. The book also stops with the buyer, if theyre not happy with the price, then they wont buy it. If demand dictates they want it, then they will.

I do agree with your take on the situation but think its a bit tricky to police..

When joining our access is limited pending a minimum post count. Limiting Trade Members to Post New thread and answering reply's to it would restore more Gentleman like conduct to those who struggle with the it.

I realise there are decent honourable Trade Members amongst us and refer only to those who have confused themselves with the shooting "public" (see my original post).

Can someone please translate. I don't understand.

​Stan

Not sure why you are upset? in effect Trade members are paying for the upkeep of the site..... Some good and helpfull people on this site including Trade members. What have you missed out on then mate?

Last edited:
A trade member bought a scope I was selling. He paid the price I wanted. His money looked just the same as everyone elses. We were both happy with the deal.

A non-trade member bought a spotting scope I was selling. He paid the price I wanted. His money looked just the same as everyone elses. We were both happy with the deal.

Explain the problem to me again?

If I am selling something on this site I want it to be offered to everyone - trade member or regular member. Why would you want to exclude a large part of the seller's potential customer base?

willie_gunn

It may be frustrating to be beaten to that bargain must-have piece of kit by a SD Trader but were I paying £10 per month to the site I'd expect the package to include an auto e-mail notification of all "For Sale" postings.

K

I don't really understand this post, I find it very difficult to follow. I think you are of the opinion that trade members should only be allowed to offer items for sale and to restrict their buying to trade catalogues, is that right? Let me try and explain, although others already have, trade members pay a subscription and it is this subscription that pays for the running of the site, the site to which you have free access, basically no trade members no site, and nowhere for you to moan about the fairness of it all.

According to your take on matters Poppins who makes and sells roe and sika sacks, Jroe who sells roe stalking, and Linulus with his stalking sticks all should be barred from buying from other site members because they are trade members, I think not.

Read Willie Gunn's reply and I think you will find it answers the question of fairness very well.

I really cannot understand your concerns.

John

A trade member bought a scope I was selling. He paid the price I wanted. His money looked just the same as everyone elses. We were both happy with the deal.

A non-trade member bought a spotting scope I was selling. He paid the price I wanted. His money looked just the same as everyone elses. We were both happy with the deal.

Explain the problem to me again?

If I am selling something on this site I want it to be offered to everyone - trade member or regular member. Why would you want to exclude a large part of the seller's potential customer base?

willie_gunn

+1. Lost the will to live trying to figure out what the OPs problem is.

I advertise here a little as my girlfriend has a cottage to rent.

So we can work out what you actually want, as I find your first post a bit confusing, can you use my specific example to detail exactly what I'd be allowed to do?

Would I be allowed to post my opinion on all subjects, or restricted to only those you believe suitable? Would I be allowed to buy stalking from other site members? Would I be allowed to have my heads measured by the CIC who post on this site? Would I be allowed to be a BASC member as they also post on the site? Would I be allowed to buy a spotting scope from another member to use when stalking? Would I be allowed to buy a spotting scope from another member to put in the rented cottage so visitors can watch the wildlife? I think we need all these points cleared up.

Back