Thread: Meindl Antarktis Or Blackislander Boots

Meindl Antarktis Or Blackislander Boots

Anyone had any experience with them? Looking for a new pair of boots to be used on a daily basis.

I bought a pair two weeks ago. First impressions are they are really good. Warm,comfy and water tight. All that you really need in a boot.

Had a pair for about 6 or 7 years. They don't get heavy use anymore, but certainly have had plenty of wear. The soles are like new, the leather has surface cracking in a few creases, but they are still totally watertight. I have never had cold feet in them. They took a while to 'bed in', but are now very comfortable. They offer just enough ankle support without being too high. I'd buy another pair anytime, but I don't see me doing so as I just can't wear mine out!

I have had a pair for about a year, and I would get another pair again if needed. They are very warm, light and silent.

Been looking at the Blackislander boots now they say that you dont have to maintain them like leather boots no to me this sounds great as I wear my boots most days and I realy dont have time to clean them then and put wax on them. So my question is what would you go for the Meindl Antarktis or Blackislander boots?

Beno, thread on boots recently, lots of replies/ recommendations, it's in here somewhere mate.

I looked at the Blackhighlander boots at Moy Show and if I had been needing boots at the time, I would have bought them.
    The "no maintenance" is very appealing.

Cant comment on the Meindl, never owned them.

Dioto boots

Hi , i have used the Blackislander boots for over a year now and can honestly say they are the best boots i have ever had but i am doubtful of the no maintainance tag and clean and waterproof them weekly.

Lancs / Cumbria Border
    Had the Meindle boots for 4 yrs, wear them at work and whilst out stalking, no wear on soles, some light cracking on upper.

Very comfortable, waterproof, warm in cold weather.

Would buy another pair tomorrow if I needed new boots.

mendel goretex lined good boots but have found my self on my but on a few ocasons. have found the sole has know grip on wet rocks stone bolders etc which was surprising as the ones i have are the high leg stalkers .recomended by lots of gamekeepers stalkers mabey they just dont like my hill other than that boots a brill if i can stay upright in them