Factory .243 advice

sprocker

Can any Sauer 202 owners please give me some advice on what their rifles like Factory ammo wise in .243 calibre?

Usual caveat of each rifle an individual etc.

​But four 202's on the trot and a new 101 all took a real shine to Geco 105 grain. Equally good with 100 gr RWS and non too shabby with Federal Power Shok 100 and Norma 100grain.

In agreement with what MO says, I think its a bit of trial and error regardless of the make of rifle, to find a factory load that suits.

All I would say is start with a make that is known for quality products being used. Saving a few quid on a box could be negated by the time you find one that 'fits'. I have always found Norma pretty consistent regardless of calibre or rifle I have put it through on the odd occasion I have not had home loads to hand. In fact a box of 100grn Norma I bought recently to put through an older Sako 243 produced such good grouping I am certain it could not realistically be bettered with home loads.

As said depends on the specific rifle - my 202 groups equally well with Norma 75gr BT's and with PPU 100gr SP's.

regards,
​Gixer

Back