Thread: High seats

High seats

Just a quick word of warning to those of you who have the cheaper 'Summit' highseats. I purchased 5 of these for a specific job two seasons ago. 3 have been fine, 1 which was powder coated is now coated in rust, and one fell apart on me today when I moved it. The welds failed where the seat portion meets the ladder attachment point. If you have one give it a check over. I do not think they would collapse with someone in it but better safe than sorry.

sorry to say you get what you pay for.

Quote Originally Posted by ndt man View Post
    sorry to say you get what you pay for.
    +1 wouldn't sit in one myself and if I paid for stalking and was given one to sit in I wouldn't be impressed.

I fully agree, but if they get nicked by the caravan utilising nomadic traveling people around here I do not worry too much. Given the choice I would have expensive ones every time.

you can get ones to last for 30 quid more with british steel as opposed to cheap chinese or european steel ,atb wayne
    Discretion assured - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857
    please visit our web site:
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

I've had one for a few months now and its showing signs of rust, I'll also be honest and admit the ladder section does not fill me with confidence. I now tend to use it as a try seat as it is lightweight and portable, if the area proves worthwhile I replace it with a wooden one I've built myself. Next job on it is to weld the ladder and hammerite