Wanted case prep station

jonny.c

Looking to buy a prep station which one do you own and anyone know of someone that has one in stock

many thanks
​jon

I kept the RCBS Trim Mate for less than a month. Found it underpowered compared to an 18V Dewalt drill.

Seriously, it seemed too small for my hands and I didn't have room to work.

I use the smaller 3 station Hornady Trio
preptrio02b.jpg

Excellent for chamfer, de-burr and primer pocket clean :)

Last edited:
Got mine from Midway (US) when it was on sale for $75 (£50), unfortunately Midway UKs price is more than double that at £104.65! :(

Well after all the thought I brought the lyman case prep station and to those who say its a waste of money I will now say you are wasting your time for those who don't have one its made my reloading a hobby I look forward to cleaning the cases and doing all the fine tuning where as before its was a bit of a pain as my hands are like shovels so all I say to those that don't have one stop thinking and make your life easy, if i broke the case prep tool I would buy another

Well after all the thought I brought the lyman case prep station and to those who say its a waste of money I will now say you are wasting your time for those who don't have one its made my reloading a hobby I look forward to cleaning the cases and doing all the fine tuning where as before its was a bit of a pain as my hands are like shovels so all I say to those that don't have one stop thinking and make your life easy, if i broke the case prep tool I would buy another
\

Gosh! That's great! We all expected you to post something like,

"Man! What a fool I've been. I bought one of those Lyman case prep stations and it really sucks! Wow. What a rube I am!"

...or something to that effect.:lol:
Seriously, glad you like it. Maybe you could write a critique and post it for others to read??~Muir

I think everyone has ther own Routine When it comes to cleaning cases and likes/dislikes some people are just stuck in ther ways and I'm one of them but it was worth the money as I'm reloading 22 hornet ,222,223,22-250,308,25-06,30-06, and speeds up the process,also takes the hurt off my hands

I think everyone has ther own Routine When it comes to cleaning cases and likes/dislikes some people are just stuck in ther ways and I'm one of them but it was worth the money as I'm reloading 22 hornet ,222,223,22-250,308,25-06,30-06, and speeds up the process,also takes the hurt off my hands

Good. I still think that after a while you should do a write up on it; likes, dislikes, things you'd like to see them have done differently, etc. I would be helpful for the next guy.~Muir

Just been considering the options, Lyman looks a lot more well thought out & businesslike, the price made me wince though, Midway UK £215.00+ carriage:eek:, maybe a bit longer suffering RSI then.

Also wondered if Lyman's tool threads are different to RCBS & similar.

Just been considering the options, Lyman looks a lot more well thought out & businesslike, the price made me wince though, Midway UK £215.00+ carriage:eek:, maybe a bit longer suffering RSI then.

Also wondered if Lyman's tool threads are different to RCBS & similar.

All the same thread mate have a look on this site http://www.opticswarehouse.co.uk/proddetail.asp?prod=Lyman_Case_Prep_Express
little cheaper

they also have all the trim tools to fit which are very good

ATB

JON

Last edited:
I bought a Lyman Case Prep Express instead of all the hand tools. Used it for the first time last weekend and it seemed ok to me. Certainly powerful enough. No complaints so far. Got it from Dauntsey Guns in Wiltshire.
CH

Last edited:
Back