Norma powders

charadam

Has anyone seen these on the shelf anywhere in the UK?

I used them years ago in Germany but moved over to Hodgdon / Vectan in the last 12 years.

The website throws up numerous UK distributors but I wanted to save my phone bill and ask here first.

It hasn't been imported into the U.K. for many years. If you need to confirm this just contact RUAG.

From what I've been told Norma powders used to be relatively easy to get here in the USA but since I started loading back in the early to mid 80's I've not seen any . Sure there are a couple places you can order it here .

Like all these situations, I remember Norma powders as smooth shooting, ultra accurate and in all ways superb.

But I used my last can 15 years ago so maybe, just maybe I'm reminiscing on the + side.

My notes however tell me that my 7x57/Norma powder was the most consistent rifle I have ever used.

Like all these situations, I remember Norma powders as smooth shooting, ultra accurate and in all ways superb.

But I used my last can 15 years ago so maybe, just maybe I'm reminiscing on the + side.

My notes however tell me that my 7x57/Norma powder was the most consistent rifle I have ever used.

Perhaps one day the powder situation here in the states will get back to a more normal thing and maybe just maybe some Norma powders will be stocked in my area !

I would like to give them a try in a few things before I see my maker !

Heck if any of our normal supplying distributers carreid them I'da gotten some by now :rolleyes:

The Reloder series of powders (7-25?)are as near as dammit the same as the Norma range as they both come from the same manafacturer (Bofors).
However the usual advice applies, refer to manual for load data and work up loads gradually.

The Reloder series of powders (7-25?)are as near as dammit the same as the Norma range as they both come from the same manafacturer (Bofors).
However the usual advice applies, refer to manual for load data and work up loads gradually.

I already keep RL-7 , RL-15 , RL-17 , RL-19 and RL-22 on the shelf in my loading room .

Used to keep RL-12 for the 220 Swift but as yo may well know they quit making RL-12 .

Back