Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Swarovski at the highland

Swarovski at the highland

Well that's the highland over for another year. It's been a long week on the rose,s stand. Great crack. Beer and banter flowing.
    Went down to the cluney clays stand for a wee look. Not needing anything. Just a wee nosey. Spotted the binos. Bugger it ill have a wee look and see what all the fuss is.
    When stalking I usally just use the scope.
    So had the 8.5 x42 in the hand have a look at horses and other nicer looking thing at that side of the show. Clear as day. These binos were amazing. Then I saw the price. Em no thanks. The salesman came over to give me a the stats on the product that was going to destroy my savings account.
    He then gave me a deal on the 10x42 Gd slc. £1190. Still a hell of money. So I got the card and the price on the back for proof. And said I might come back later.
    Went back to the forklift stand for a coffee and a chin wag with the clients. Slipped in a bit of research about these bino. £1495 the cheapest I could find without spending a lot of fuel money. Thought I was doing well by this point, went and got my dad from the case stand and took him done to have a look and see what he thinks. Boom price at £940. (All you clever boys and girls will working this one out pretty quick) deal stuck hands shake seals it.
    Heart is still thumping. But very happy to part of the Swarovski club. Just hope I have made the right choice. Sure some people will have there comments but all welcome
    cheers for having a read at this
    ​alan rose

I reckon you've done the right thing buying any make of binoculars after having to use "your scope" ????!!!!!

Look after them and they'll serve you for life
    only when the last tree has been felled,the last fish caught and the last river poisoned will man realise he cant eat money

I tried to buy a pair of Swarovski bino's from the Midland... they wouldn't sell me a pair, said they weren't allowed to sell to the public. I had my credit card in my hand ready to go.
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

Buying a pair of Swaro binos is the best 'stalking' investment I have date....

10 x 42 SLCs new and old are selling for strong money at the moment. A set on EBAY sold for £800ish just last week and these were an older style set.
    You've made a great investment that you'll not regret.

I agree with Paul a pair of secondhand 10 x 42 slc went for just over a grand, co you had a real bargin there
    ATB J

Once in a lifetime purchase and good effort at getting that price!!

Now..., whatever you do..., do NOT look through a set of 10x42 EL-R... Or do as I did and hide the box somewhere incredibly safe
    Sako 75 6.5x55 - Z6i 3-18x50. Sako 75 .308 Habicht 2.5-10x56. Beretta 690. Benelli M2.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

How did you manage to put up with Kevin for four days ?