Mini Torch

Equipment

Hi Guys,

Can some recommend me a mini torch...What it is, I was once stuck in the forest and it was past midnight, I had walk out of there...I didn't have a torch so I pulled out my phone but the battery was dying so that didn't last long ( plus my phone didn't have a light, I was using the screen light)..needless to say I was quite scared..I would jump out of my skin at every sound and crackle....So I am wanting to buy a torch, something small enough that I can attach to my key ring but has enough power to give me a good spill and throw of light. Any recommendations?

I bought a cheap LED one from my local petrol station 2 years ago and its still going strong! I think it only cost me a couple of quid too

Funny how you can be in the dark, carrying a rifle big enough to kill an elephant, and still you jump at the slightest sound.

nah I wasn't carrying a rifle, I don't have firearms at all...My car went into the ditch, so had to abandon it and walk.

I had a duracell voyager 15 lumens bulb torch, the ones that you can buy at argos, took it out to the woods to see how it would work...it was useless...In addition to it being oversize.

I was thinking of the Olight S10 Baton..at 320lumens...anyone have any experience with it in the woods? or other such similar type of lights?

I got a tiny little wind-up torch. About as big as a matchbox. Handy thing to keep in jacket pocket. Bit noisy when winding, but ok if you just want to see where to put your feet on the way back to the car. At least the batteries won't go flat!

lenser p7 :thumb:

The P7 is a great torch - I have one myself - but it's not what I would call a mini torch. Each to their own, but to me a mini torch should ideally fit in the front pocket of a pair of jeans and be usable as either a regular torch or a head torch, but with sufficient brightness to handle most situations. That's why I feel the Zebralight is ideal, as it fulfils all of the above criteria and also offers variable beam strength.

willie_gunn

any compact led that your happy to carry ? it's only useful if you've got it with you! i personally favour surefire but there is many of the ilk.

and make sure it uses commonly available batterys and carry spares because the law of sod says it will be flat when you need it!

Last edited:
There are many good lamps around from Petzl, Black Diamond , Led Lenser, etc.......
Watch these : http://www.decathlon.co.uk/F-50729-headlamps

I have a couple of those Geonaute at £4.99 in my car. In Belgium this is batteries included. Not a Petzl and not to run the Iditarod, but for what you describe ideal. I use them to feed my fathers sheep during the winter and they never let me down.

Back