who reloads

reloads or factory

• Total voters
I was bought my ammo so I always shot factory but now I'm looking at having to put my hand in my own pocket I am seriously thinking of reloading.But I don't have a clue where to begin :oops:

I was bought my ammo so I always shot factory but now I'm looking at having to put my hand in my own pocket I am seriously thinking of reloading.But I don't have a clue where to begin :oops:

First off buy a good manual or two, Modern reloading by Richard lee would be a very good starting point, if you digest the information and stay by the rules at all times you will be reloading safe & accurate ammunition in no time, best of luck on your new and very enjoyable venture........:thumb:

I reload .222 .243 .308 and .223, but use privi factory ammo stalking. Does the job at almost the same price as I can load for, and the brass tops up the scrap bin :)

.22 Hornet, .223, 25-06, 308, 8x57, 300WSM, .38special and .357 magnum
Reloading is the only way to go to keep cost down plus its another dimention to your shooting.

.204 .243 & .308 it is cheaper to reload and it does produce a better end product ......but the main reason is I enjoy it.

I reload because I enjoy the quest for an accurate and tailor made" cartridge to my exact requirements. Reloading for pistols (and revolvers) with fixed sights was one of the most challenging aspects of the game followed by reloading to match the sight range markings on a military rifle out to 200, 300, 500, 600 and even 1,000 yards. There is a great deal of satisfaction from making a load for, say, a Lee-Enfield that is not only accurate (that's easy) but also matches yard for yard the range settings on the factory military sights.

One weapon I don't reload for is for shot gun as I feel that factory ammunition in Britain is still better value and "as good as it gets" for the shooting that I do with it. Yes I'd like better quality shot and paper cases of the quality that they once used to be and real brass case heads...but reloading won't give me that with current shot gun components available anyway.

Cheaper, more accurate, can tailor ammunition to exact needs - no contest!
Also, It's a bit like catching a trout on a fly that you've tied yourself. The entire hollistic process of reloading a round, stalking and shooting a deer, skinning and butchering it, then cooking and eating it is a satisfying journey that reminds you that you're alive and doing well!:thumb:
MS

Back