Europe with an FAC

shep7376

Ok here goes,

I'm off to Germany to do some boar shooting; does anyone know if there are restrictions on cartridges you can use?

I've heard that so called 'military' cartridges such as .308, 30-06 etc are banned, is this true or just rumor? Does anyone have have the facts or a list, possibly by country?

Cheers in advance,

​Pete

Ok here goes,

I'm off to Germany to do some boar shooting; does anyone know if there are restrictions on cartridges you can use?

I've heard that so called 'military' cartridges such as .308, 30-06 etc are banned, is this true or just rumor? Does anyone have have the facts or a list, possibly by country?

Cheers in advance,

​Pete

In Germany you will be fine with "military" calibres. The min calibre for all hochwild is 6.5mm.

Ok here goes,

Cheers in advance,

​Pete

Have you got a `European Firearms Pass` ?
They are free from your Firearms Dept., and last 5 years .
[ Similar to a passport and have your photo and firearm details therein.]

HWH.

You will also need a Tagesjagdschein this looks like the normal German Jagdschein with your photo on it to be able to hunt while in Germany. This will be valid for up to 14 days (you are allowed to have one of these issued up to six time in any one year). The hunt host has to organise this on your behalf otherwise he will have broken the German hunting law (bundesjagdgesetz) by allowing you to hunt on his permission.
But enjoy the trip.
Martin

Back