T3 bolt shround movement

gelert

Is there anything to combat that annoying thing that happens with the bolt on a tika T3 shroud.When it twists and locks then you have to put it in a vice,or have a pair of pliers to sort the problem.
It's happened a few times,even with a bolt pouch,maybe a hard glasses case would work..:oops:

You shouldn't have to put it in a vice - you can usually just gently lever it back into place with a pen or toothbrush handle.

tikka t3 bolt decocked!!!!!!

It may be that putting the extra force on it in a vice has weakened/worn some component, making it more prone to slipping. Maybe check for cracks?

You shouldn't have to put it in a vice - you can usually just gently lever it back into place with a pen or toothbrush handle.

tikka t3 bolt decocked!!!!!!

It may be that putting the extra force on it in a vice has weakened/worn some component, making it more prone to slipping. Maybe check for cracks?

I can never recall an easier way to do it,since the day I bought it new 5 years ago when the shroud slips,it's always been stiff to pull and twist back,and no visible damage.

Strip bolt, file a deeper detent (grove) in the bolt for the firing pin sear to sit in, re-assemble bolt. Not had a problem with the T3s I have in terms of unintentional decocking, although it's a *itch to get back if you do it intentionally.

Does not hapen with the Remy 700. :rofl:

Hmmmmm does it not?

Seems like a lot of the more modern production rifles of today too many short cuts to cheapen production. Yet prices are higher and the masses believe if it's new it must be better.

Having shot the T3's I was less than impressed by the feel the cost cutting could be felt.

turn bolt around and put the lug on the back, bottom on bolt, into the grove in on rifle. hold down and twist back into place.

​its very easy when you know how.

Back