Thread: America (west coast) advice

America (west coast) advice

Hi Guys,

A friend and I are embarking on a road trip down the west coast of America this summer and fancy playing with a host of toys that we can't this side of the pond.

As we're still technically students (in between undergraduate and masters) and travelling on a budget I don't think we can fit in any actual 'hunting', but has anyone got any recommendations where we can get super trigger happy along the way?

Here's our route:

Any advice much appreciated.

I toured the west coast as part of a large group but we did alot of camping/climbing and visited a few of the National Parks which I would highly recommend if its not too much of a diversion. Yellowstone is a must for the wildlife! In Vegas there are loads of bill boards advertising shooting ranges (they even had advertisements on the side of taxis/cabs for gun shooting). You go to a range, pay a relatively small fee and pull the trigger to your hearts content using mp5s, pistols, AK47's etc etc.

Agree, Vegas is probably your best bet. Check out
    If you are going through Oregon, check out
    Lots of pig/hog hunting in California - google will be your friend for that.
    There is a big shooting range/school in Sacramento
    Good trout fishing in the Sierras too...

any one no of anything in LA where we can have a go on a range, have some none shooting friends that fancy trying it out there

Google "Indoor Shooting Ranges, Los Angeles, California" and see what pops up. You are aware that you are wanting to get trigger-time in one of the most NON gun friendly States in the US, right? Was stationed in CA. Moved back to Montana and never looked back**~Muir

**Well, not to California, but there are the most beautiful women in Baja Mexico!! I think of them often.

Thanks a lot, looks like it's probably Vegas then but will check out the one in Oregon first. A couple of national parks a definitely on the list with Olympia being the foremost.