Rifle Bench Rest

techman

Hi Lads/Lassies. Can anyone reccomend a rest for zeroing and rifle cleaning. I usually zero on my Black & Deadly with Caldwell bags, but am looking for a rig to do both the above. Looked at Deben and Cauldwell Lead rest. but (apart from cost) neither seems to be ideal.

I've had the Outers Varminter Rifle rest advertised for a few days and I am not far from you, you could have saved on postage if you'd been quicker.
Mine is now packed and ready to send to someone that was quicker than you :(

Smashing bench JB, but its not a rifle rest :cool:.
A mate has bought a Caldwell Lead-Sled. Its excellent as a shooting rest, especially for very lively calibres when you want to get a precise zero or test ammo. It would also make an excellent maintenance vice as the butt sits snug in a socket rather than rolling around on a cradle. Its the closest I've seen to a dual purpose rock-solid benchrest/maintenance vice. The fore-end sand bag rest just lifts out complete with spigot and elevation wheel. If would be great if a clamping rest was available to drop in instead for maintenance. Don't know if such a thing is available. If not Caldwell should make one.

Yeah, misunderstood the OP thought he was talking about the bench, guess that is what speed reading does....

Apologies to all.

Back