Thread: Dsc1 bursary up date

Dsc1 bursary up date

Hey guys just an update. Well tomorrow is my 1st day at the BASC dsc1.I just hope that i have done my bit with the studying and my brain can remember all the info that i need. Will let use all know how i get on tomorrow.

I would just like to thank everyone from the stalking directory that has made this opportunity avaliable and i am very grateful. So thanks guys

As a general ( but usually accurate ) rule of thumb, if you are at all 'fretting' that you've done enough homework - it can only mean you have!

Invariably it is the ones who are completely 'laid back' that get a shock.

You'll very likely find the actual course just helps everything click.

Nerves never really vanish, but its 99.9% certain you will actually have a good time - though often it only hits home after the event.

​Good luck.
    Stalking and Courses
    BASC Approved Trainer & Assessor. Cairngorm National Park Authority Approved Supplier. Supported by Sauer Arms
    See you at Kelso, Scone & Moy 2016

Good luck I am sure you will be ok. As said enjoy the course and let us know how it goes for you.
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to

Well guys thats the 2 study days finished now. I am feeling a little bit more confident so hopefuly tomorrow will be ok. Fingers crossed lol. The course has been great met a great bunch of guys and the instuctors have been brilliant aswell. Realy explaning things for me. Realy couldnt ask for more

Well done, nearly there,

A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

Well thats it finaly all over thank god lol. Well today was not actulay as bad as what i thought it was going to be like. We sat the visual test 1st which went ok was only a couple that i wasnt sure of then the actual test that also went fine and again only a couple of questions i wasnt sure about then the hygien test well there was more than a couple lol but i got there in the end . Then it was onto the shooting test and i can say i was s******g myself for that part. But ended up doing ok so all in all it was a good day hopefuly with a great outcome. I would just like to thank all the guys involved for hiving me this great opportunity.