Glastonbury

finnbear270

An entertaining period on the telly for a change, The most amusing line of lyric for me,.. "I was born with nothing, & I still have most of it left!":lol: Seasick Steve, & The Stone's drummer reminded me of a certain loan advert character!:rofl:.

It certainly looks a massive event and would love to go but what about the toilets hummmmmming unless of course you can afford a yurt like lily Allen for the weekend at £7,ooo .
the stones were pants though !
​Norma

Yup, watched some of it. Seasick Steve was enjoyable - if a bit 'samey'. Thought the ' Stones should give in now. I think they should retire without undoing past memories, although the crowd seemed to enjoy them. Anyway, it was different watching from the usual garbage on't telly! ATB

I'd love to go to Glastonbury but I hate crowds more so when all are bumping into each other which would drive me crazy.
It makes good TV watching while at work as well as Wimbledon.

Had to watch a bit more of Charlie on the drums, up until he gave a big smile, He was doing a great impression of a Wonga staff member, made us screech with laughter.

I've seen the odd bit on the telly but it still doesn't seem the same without John Peel presenting it.

If any of you missed the Stones dont worry, just call in your local nursing home and ask when they are doing karaoke next. You wont know the difference :rofl:

yep the stones looked like a bad spitting image session lol

+1

Flicked on the tv to catch them but v. disappointed. Been to Glasto twice. Don't remember the first time (if you were there, then you wern't there). Watched last years on tv and thought it pretty good. A lot of drivel this year.
Kendal Calling is a much better gig.

If any of you missed the Stones dont worry, just call in your local nursing home and ask when they are doing karaoke next. You wont know the difference :rofl:
Oi , don't knock em ,they may be a bunch of wrinkly's but i for one would be glad to be as fit and able as Mick Jagger at 70 ,and Charlie Watts has always worn that deadpan expression - until Keith's antics make him grin .
"its only rock and roll but i like it ....." :old:

Last edited:
Im not saying they didnt used to be a great band, but i think they should now think of changing there name to the standing stones ! They are far from rolling they were ****. Spitting image is a good example :lol:

If only the band preceding the Stones had been the 16-year old STRIPES I swear the press reports would be far, far less gushing.

Best thing Elton John has done in 35 years in signing these Irish lads.

K

I remember seeing the Rolling Stones steel wheels tour at wembley in 89 and thought they were past it then!

Im not saying they didnt used to be a great band, but i think they should now think of changing there name to the standing stones ! They are far from rolling they were ****. Spitting image is a good example :lol:
Its probably a result of being stoned out of thier brains for all those years !

Back