Scott country yes uttings no

bazil

Thumbs up for Scott country but not for uttings,I ordered a new scope on Sunday last they sent me a e- mail confirming my order then another saying it had been dispatched, on Monday another e- mail saying they've cancelled my order as not in stock no alternative offered and they've still got my money! Is this common practice when selling items. It maybe I don't know? Then they send me another e-mail of special offers including scopes do you believe bazil

Is it a case of automated ordering ? I've had dealings with both companies and have nothing but praise for them both ,I would agree in giving them a hard time had they messed you about big time I'm sure if you actually speak to someone this can be resolved very quickly and your monies refunded .the fact they sent you a list of specials leads me to believe they want your buisness talk to them in the morning .if I was ordering something of great value I speak to personnel .
regards
​norma

I've had no probs before its just they've f***ked me on this one, if my money is not in my account by Monday il phone them in the morning thanx ( bushwear?) bazil

I have Uttings charge for all items in the order but only send half of them. Luckily it was only some inexpensive stuff that got omitted but no joy trying to get them to correct it. After that experience I've never ordered from them again.

I won't buy from Uttings again, great service until something goes wrong then ****** useless.

uttings are great and so are bushwear
I have had good service from Bushwear as well. I have yet to order from Scott Country as they want to surcharge deliveries to the Isle of Wight which Bushwear, Uttings and Sportsman don't. For the benefit of those suppliers that don't know Royal Mail & Parcel Force charge mainland UK rates for I.W. deliveries.
atb Tim

My problem when ordering items from majority of on line firms is they don't read the comments upon the order.
Due to courier firms taking items back to depots which are no where near my delivery address, I ask for the post office to be used.
The sorting office is local and items can be collected on the way to work the following morning.
Every one seems to ignore that request so I end up spending hours trying to contact courier firms to re arrange.

I've often ordered from Bushwear, and paid by cheque. Everything I've ordered is at my door before they could have cashed the cheque! GREAT SERVICE.

+1 for Bushwear have always seemed to have everything I wanted in stock and prompt delivery, if anything a little more expensive than some of the others but for the service that counts

I hear this all the time a web site has every thing listed you pay your hard earned cash and get nothing but hassle or no goods or an email saying your order will be coming soon!! So please send me your hard earned cash and your credit card details and I will send you an email sayingyour goods are on the way from my sun lounger by the pool.
PAY A FEW QUID MORE AND SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL SHOP AND TALK TO SOMEONE FACE TO FACE,YOU PAY AND TAKE YOUR GOODS

I totally agree. Use your local shop! This is why all the high streets are full of charity, card and betting shops only. I think that there's a place for online buying, but I say again, use your local gun shop! For a few shillings more, you get to take your purchase there and then, you get to speak to like minded people, get advice (some of it good) and actually have somewhere to take something back if it's faulty!

Use it or lose it!

My problem when ordering items from majority of on line firms is they don't read the comments upon the order.
Due to courier firms taking items back to depots which are no where near my delivery address, I ask for the post office to be used.
The sorting office is local and items can be collected on the way to work the following morning.
Every one seems to ignore that request so I end up spending hours trying to contact courier firms to re arrange.

+1

PAY A FEW QUID MORE AND SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL SHOP AND TALK TO SOMEONE FACE TO FACE,YOU PAY AND TAKE YOUR GOODS

The local gunshop is my first choice, Jai Nolan of Arnold Heal's has a good stock of items at much the same price as the internet companies.

However when it comes to some of the things that there is not a large demand for locally, e.g. bullets for reloading,he does not have these, so some items come via the internet.

atb Tim

My only gripe with mail order is paying the postage on top , it's ok when your buying multiple items but kills it stone dead when your after a small item of no great value , I wonder how much business these company's lose through postage cost's!

My only gripe with mail order is paying the postage on top , it's ok when your buying multiple items but kills it stone dead when your after a small item of no great value , I wonder how much business these company's lose through postage cost's!
The postage cost probably wipes out the profit on a small item.atb Tim

The days of cheap postage are long gone I am afraid,I send a lot of parcels and post and was told this was coming two years ago when trying to get a cheaper rate. It's easy to hook customers in company's list everything possible then take your hard earns cash/card details then colate orders and sit on your money untill it comes in then ship them out when ever they like. Most sites you can only email it is very difficult to find a number and or speak to a person so it becomes so much trouble so you sit and wait!!

I was going to order some die spare parts from midway uk,
parts price just over a fiver
postage over £8,
I don't think so
stotty

Back