Ballistic Turrets

Shabz

Hi all, I have a sightron scope (siii 6-24x50) with target turrets, I keep knocking them and putting clicks on accidentally.

Can anyone tell me if its possible to tighten them up so that they're harder to turn??

Hi all, I have a sightron scope (siii 6-24x50) with target turrets, I keep knocking them and putting clicks on accidentally.

Can anyone tell me if its possible to tighten them up so that they're harder to turn??

If there ballistic turret's don't they have marking on them ? so you could just set them back to zero easily ? :confused:

Yeah, they do and I can but I'm just waiting for a miss because they've worked themselves off zero. If I could tighten them I'd be happier!

I wouldnt of thought so,leupold did do lockable one's once upon a time but not now that I am aware of, you will just yave to keep checking them

If you're a holdover in the field kinda guy, and it sounds like you are, and the sightron doesn't have turret caps, which it can't have otherwise you wouldn't be making this post (derr me!!) have you thought about either holding them in place with electrical tape or even taking the turrets off? (I'm assuming that you've got an arrangement of allen headed grubscrews holding them in place...)
If you're knocking them you're right to worry about it. For me it was always an issue with a foxing rifle and all that in and out of the window, out of the door and onto the bonnet, keeping the rifle upright between my legs whilst joggling across some field, I was never happy with exposed target turrets on a foxer. Sure you can check every time but there's going to be one time when there isn't time to look and one or two clicks up or down or left/right is going to spoil your confidence.

they dont tighten up anymore ,the earlier ones had covers but they changed them I have not had any problems with mine and they feel very positive on the stops but the only thing i can think of is getting a cover machined up ,atb wayne

Have the same problem with my Target turrets on my Leupold, now have electrical tape on windage after several wayaward shots. Dont seem to have issue with elevation.

D

Back