Small quiet bag for stalking?

Scarpa

I've been looking around for a small rustle free game bag or rucksack (15 - 25lt) for sticking bino's, lunch and spare jumper, gloves etc in for winter stalking. I could either go for a cheap Jack Pike or similar game bag in a soft feel fabric or the traditional canvas sack. Anyone found any suitable kit that they could recommend?

Roz said:
I use a deerhunter one, it's the same as this one from decoying.co.uk, and it's only 20quid! ;)

Cheers... looks pretty good value. What's it like for noise if branches scrape or catch on it?

Have you thought of a bum bag? I have used one for years. You can get all sorts from Cabelas. Beware of getting a bag which is too big or you will fill it with junk that you 'just might need...' If you go with a day sack, make sure the shoulder straps aren't too bulky or they will interfere with your rifle sling when stalking and may be a pain when shooting. JC

If I'm anywhere that I need stuff stowing I use a cut down plce belt, just a molle zipper first aid pack/ large knife/strobe/water/dragline/survival sack/radio. thats it. :)

Scarpa said:
Roz said:
I use a deerhunter one, it's the same as this one from decoying.co.uk, and it's only 20quid! ;)

Cheers... looks pretty good value. What's it like for noise if branches scrape or catch on it?

It's actaully really good in that sense, it has the sort of vevety "brushed" texture to the outer fabric, which makes very little noise and it appears as waterproof as anything else, plenty room in it and has a waist and chest strap to make it secure and comfortable.

Cheers all... I think that I'll go down the Deerhunter route. I do actually have a bum bag as I'm a biker and climber and being diabetic always neeed to keep a few items of kit with me. Damn.... yet another bag... I have hiking, climbing, skiing, mountain biking etc rucksacks falling out of every cupboard here :lol: More outdoor gear :rolleyes:

Back