Hello from Canada

Oddsix

Hello, well where to start. I've hunted in several provinces and territories for various North American animals such as muskox, caribou, moose, deer and bear to name a few. Recently I was fortunate enough to go on a great safari with my wife to Namibia where we both hunted and loved it. Even hunted in Maui Hawaii. So now we want to continue to travel and hunt.
For me it's a special quest. My father taught me all about hunting and unfortunately we will never be able to do all the hunts we would have wanted to do so I will continue with my new hunting partner and I know he would have loved the UK.
Stalking is my favourite form of hunting and so here I am. Favourite caliber obviously is the 3006, but I have recently found a winchester 7x57 Mauser and love it she uses the 270.
I'll be looking for tips and perhaps an outfitter or 2 to fulfill our quest. Animals that we would be seeking would be Red's, Fallow and perhaps a roe or 2.

thanks for reading and good hunting!

Last edited:
Hi Oddsix

Where abouts in Alberta are you from? I get to a place called Medicine Hat Occasionally

D13REW

D13REW, I'm way up in the North East about a 6.5 hour drive and much much colder. Medicine Hat is a great place with good hunting opportunities. Nice mule deer in that part of the province.

Welcome Oddsix, my favourite rifle is also 30-06. I was in British Columbia 2 years ago. What a beautiful country you have have with friendly people.
Tusker

Oddsix
Thanks for that, Looks like im going back very shortly so will see if I can get out!

If you are stalking in the UK you would surely want to add Munjac and Chinese Water deer to your list.

I grew up in Ontario. Small world. Welcome to the forum.
​John

Thanks for the greetings. Hopefully we will cross paths on the way to the stalking grounds!
Good hunting.

Back