Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ban on Hunting Knives/ bring in a knife licence

Ban on Hunting Knives/ bring in a knife licence

It was published in certain newspaers today that our government intends to tighten up on knife possesson, including banning hunting knives.
    I am never without my knife when shooting, and am lost without it.

This will adversely affect fisherman shooters and some workmen.

Why not have a knife licence, I mean I don't need to stab someone, I have four rifles and a shotgun.
    If my character is good enough to be entrusted with centerfire rifles, why can I not carry my knife in it's sheath in a public place as I can my firearms..
    There was a case last year of a fisherman who was prosecuted and fined for having a filleting knife in his car. This guy was on his way home from a days fishing.
    I propose that firearms holders should be allowed to hold knives for the purposes of their sport, and the licence to hold one should be part of their FAC or SGC

Good call! Another attempt my our nanny state to wrap us up in cotton wool!
    They don't screen car owners but anyone with a driving license and car could easily kill/injure more people than someone with a knife! Where's the logic in that? perhaps only those with an FAC should be allowed a drinving would certainly ease the traffic problems and reduce my drive to work!!

its all a load of ********!!
    people like ourselves who use knives for the purpose they were produced for should not have to justify ourselves, its the likes of the mindless hoodies who roam the streets 'tooled up' that they should be targeting.
    the way i see it if you are carrying a knife and cannot justify why, then off to the nick you go.....simple as!!
    as far as liscensing goes, everyone knows that if you want to purchase a weapon of any kind, there will always be ways and means on the black market!! liscense in the world will stop it!!!!

Got to agree with Duggers its all ******** again. Its the knife carrying little twats with hoods on that need seeing to, not legitimate law abiding people going about their day to day business.

Look at the F--k up the Police make at present over FA licencing, can you imagine if they took knives on board as well.

The law should be strengthened so that any youth of up to 21 carrying a knife should be prosecuted, and if they are over 16 put them into the armed services to straighten them out or bring back Borstal schools.

I hope the cops dont look in my Landy

2 x 4" fixed blade knife above the sun visor
    1 hunting ax in the side door
    1 large splitting ax on the back seat
    1 7x64 rifle above the dog box
    1 hunting knife +2 S-hooks in the roe sack
    1 lock pen knife on my belt.

I suppose to avoid legal problems I could have the stuff Fed Ex'd to the woods before dawn.

A checked with a friend who is a copper and he had a locking blade Leatherman with 3" blade on his belt so he was breaking the law as well

As usual the government beating us up in the desire to be 'seen to be doing something' attempting to please the masses who equate anyone who owns a gun/knife to a nutter.

Same old story I am afraid. The worst thing is that even after travesties like Dublane and the banning of pistols, and the total lack of impact that had we still get this crap forced on us.

The politicians are not interested if it will work or save lives, they just want to prolong their miserable careers as long as possible, by token gestures that just so happen to piss off a load of people that wont vote for them anyway (us).

Will someone please tell me what's going to happen in every kitchen in the country if this nonsense comes in?

I suppose what I was leaning towards was, licensing the knife holder to carry a knife, not licence the knife itself.

A stalker needs his knife, and so do bushcraft instructor.

I am pro knife user, but what are we going to do to avoid them taking our tools of the trade of us.

licensed users seem to be the only way, unless someone has a better idea.
    Please feel free to open the discussion, lets chew the fat.

Christ I hope they don't look behind the back seat of my pick up!