7mm-08

sako85

Just purchased a 7mm-08 today mainly for clients to use as i wanted something with a bit more umph than my .243 to use on everything from Muntjac to massive Reds.

Found a mint Pro-Hunter stainless with mod and S&B 8x56 as new for less than a K.

The previous owner bought it and was so impressed with the round that he has had a custom rifle done and is now using that sucessfully.
He has also loaded me 100x 120g Ballistic tips and has shown me he zeroing targets and reckons it is very flat upto 250 yards.

Time will tell though! :)

Another 7-08 user! The numbers are starting to speak for themselves. Put a poll up, I bet the vast majority on here would like a 7-08 if the flo's would allow it,or if there wasn't something else already resident in their cabinet.

Ive always fancied a 7-08 but have read about doughnuts forming on reloaded brass.. any truth behind this :confused:

jordang said:
Ive always fancied a 7-08 but have read about doughnuts forming on reloaded brass.. any truth behind this :confused:

lt could be if the brass is necked down .308, l have been using factory brass & have had no noticeable signs over a couple of loadings.
l have been using Remington & it does need trimming, will try winchester next.

Neck brass down... l've not seen any problems with either Sako/Lapua/Federal brass at all

Neck up Winchester .243win... again no problems, though you do see the old shoulder ring in the new neck

BUT!!!.... Norma .243win on the other hand will give you doughnuts... bloody great big ones.

Just my 2p worth

Back