Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tweed suit Tailor's around n/w yorkshire.

Tweed suit Tailor's around n/w yorkshire.

Looking to get a new tweed suit made for this season and was wondering if anyone has any recommendation for someone around the north / West Yorkshire , Lancashire area. Many thanks.

What size are you? I have a four piece tweed suit for sale. In as new condition. Made by Bertie Wooster's of Fulham Road, London. It's an olive green check pattern and is a 38-40" chest size. Had it made in the days when I was a racing snake .

How much do you want for the suit Gunner, and how tall/wide are you ?

Hi Yorkshire Lad.

Try Hebden Cord at Hebden Bridge, that's in your neck of the woods. I bought a bolt of tweed from Hunters of Brora when making a short film about them for Grampian TV and got them to make me a suit for stalking. That was nearly 20 years ago and its still going strong although I have had the the plus fours patched and the waists let out slightly and about six sets of new buttons. If a little tatty at the edges it is serving me well.

Brian Holden at Knottingley West Yorkshire made mine. The quality is superb and he can make anything you want. I had some plus fours and a waistcoat made for about 200. He has hundreds of tweeds to choose from. 1995rs

I think Hebden Cord stopped trading several years ago.

Best plan is to find a shooting estate and ask who makes their keepers suits. Isaak Walton is one that springs to mind but I think they're further north than Lancs.

Isaac walton makes ours there based in newcastle but will send ray there traveling tailor to measure you .brillant suits

Carters Countrywear in Helmsley make ours, Jeremy Shaw comes out and does the measurements and fittings.

Good lad and good suits!

If Harrogate isn't too far for you Rhodes Wood make some really nice shooting suits.

If your paying yourself and don't mind off the peg then bob parrott cheap and pretty good quality with a small range of colours does me and looks smart .