What scope do you have on a .22WMR fella's?

Lot of nonsense and bad advice there I`m afraid , You are saying that the U.S does not have counterfeit scopes ? Avoid dealers who dont have what you want in stock because they are likely to supply counterfeit goods ! Best to buy from the States ! so when you have a problem you then have to post your scope back to the states!

My advice is would be buy from an established UK dealer , pay with a credit card, this will give you cover , if you are suspicious you've been sold a counterfeit contact the manufacturer direct, keep your receipts and scope packaging .

Based on my direct personal experience I'm quite happy to stick with everything that I've said. S

Been reading up on the Bushnell and seems ok, but are the crosshairs and dots a bit thick? The WMR is zeroed at 90yds and I was thinking about something with thinner crosshairs so it doesn't obscure a bunnies head too much at that range,

Cheers

Been reading up on the Bushnell and seems ok, but are the crosshairs and dots a bit thick? The WMR is zeroed at 90yds and I was thinking about something with thinner crosshairs so it doesn't obscure a bunnies head too much at that range,

Cheers

The Banner 6-18 x 50 would be OK at that range, the cross hairs are quite fine ; I have one on a rimfire and have freehand head shot both rabbit and fox to 80 yds.

With the smaller Banners the bars and cross hairs are thicker. I haven't used either of these in mildot.

If you buy in or from the US from a Bushnell authorised dealer you won't have any grief although to be honest the main reason for doing so would be to save money. For what is a bog standard airgun / rimfire scope which sells by the 1000s in the US for about $90 is the thick end of £200 here. ATB., S

ATB., S

Last edited:
Hi Stratts
Have a look at the Simmons Whitetail Classic 6.5-20x50 made in the Philippines model not bad glass you can headshoot rabbits out to 150 and more with my 223,and you will pick a good one up for £130 on the bay of evil
Geordie

I found shooting out to a 100 with my WMR on rabbits and foxes, the cross hairs were too thick on a lot of scopes, I settled on the S&B zenith FD7 illuminated 2.5 x10 x56 very fine reticule, when light is fading the the illuminated dot works a dream. Good light gathering on low mag. Good all rounder. They ain't cheap but they fit the bill for the WMR 100%

Phil

what about a nice fixed mag leupold 12x ..brilliant scope with fine crosshair.... I have one for sale..great condition.....I recommend you go for good glass everytime

I used a bushnell Trophy xlt 3-9x40 on my Sako 22WMR and found the mildots were fine enough out to about 150 yards which is ample for the WMR and at a budget price new of around £100 this scope then because I was so happy with it moved on to my 243 where it stayed there for a few months before being replaced. This scope now sits on a mates 22lr and he is happy head shooting bunnies at 100 yards under lamp so it wasn't just me lol

Well on my 17hmr i put a Hawke varminter sf 6x24-44,,,to be fair its not a bad scope for the money but would i buy one again hmmmm well for rimfire work yes ....

Whilst I love Bushnell elites their lower end scopes can be pretty poor IMO. Around the £200 mark I really like Falcon scopes, I have a fixed 10x on my hmr and a 7.5x50 on my .223. Both are solid reliable scopes and have much nicer glass and finer reticules than the usual budget scopes from the bigger optics companies.

I would recomend Redfield scopes, they are made by Leupold and come with the same Leupold warranty. Very good glass for the price Opticswarehouse have them at the most competative prices here:

Opticswarehouse Redfield Rifle Scopes / Telescopic Sights

I have a revenge 6-18x44 on my 17hmr and a revolution 3-9x50 on my .22 the revolution is better glass in my oppinion but less mag obviously but they are both good for the money

Hope that helps

Best
Jonno

Back