Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pokiest little shoot ever!

Pokiest little shoot ever!

Had to share these as without a doubt the most ridiculous bit of deer shooting I've done so far...

Yep that's a high seat leaning against someones house... in their garden!

8 attempts later I finally caught up with him by using a buttolo... "Oh, that's not the one we've been seeing eating the roses" (Bugger!)... at least now they're starting to rut I can call them in!
    Last edited by BunnyDoom; 05-07-2013 at 02:39. Reason: Csl fixed pics for me

Nr Newport (shrops)
    cracking job, aslong as its safe, happy shooting

Quote Originally Posted by 223 View Post
    cracking job, aslong as its safe, happy shooting
    Well I guess I wouldn't admit it if it wasn't... but yeah it was the only safe places to shoot were where I shot him (a 6 foot gap between the greenhouse and the sun house) and in a ditch running along the front of the garden though that is quite close to the road.

I debated whether to use heavy (100gn .243) or light (55gn) but took the view that a 100gn at 30yds is less likely to deflect so should end up in the lawn if I'm up a high seat. Probably got that all wrong but it works for me!

I only have 2 small deer permissions of my own and they're both like this (though not as small) so I'm used to shooting like this. Not ideal though!

That's amazing is that very urban or is it a few rural houses together?

Quote Originally Posted by Steyer 6.5 View Post
    That's amazing is that very urban or is it a few rural houses together?
    More rural I guess, probably a few hundred houses along that road but they use this garden to cross onto the farm nearby on the other side of the road. It's very flat near me as on the coast so few people are interested in shooting it for safety reasons or due to licence restrictions. Had an RTA opposite a co op the other day!

Shooting down from highseat into soft soil sounds pretty safe to me. Nice buck too. In the word of Delboy "he who dares, wins"

Nice one!

Fixed the pics for you.

Quote Originally Posted by csl View Post
    Nice one!

Fixed the pics for you.
    ​Thanks much appreciated

Haha brilliant!

Like to see the feo pass that if you had got a closed ticket

Berkshire then Dorset now Herefordshire with a good dose of Dorset
    Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (15)View my Gallery (15)
    Reminds me of some of my permissions.
    My best one so far was shooting and killing a Muntjac buck 7 meters from someones front door at 5a.m with an unmoderated .308
    In one house I had the deer would feed to within 1m of where the dogs chain used to end!!
    “Man surprised me most about humanity. Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money.Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived.”........Dalai Lama