Dunblane

Eyefor

Recently there was reference in a thread to the Dunblane school shootings and the book "Dunblane Unburied" by Sandra Uttley which I looked up on Amazon UK and the reports / views on the books content are extremely disconcerting.

Not wishing to copy & paste a whole block of the material can I suggest those interested check out

http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews/1905553056/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

the comments by both "Sam" and Mr Richard V Malbon ("the current Director of the Sportsman's Association of Great Britain & Northern Ireland") are, in my opinion, well worth a read.

I read this book few yrs ago well worth a read and a real eye opener...if im correct the author Sandra Uttley was a pupil from same school ?
Makes you wonder just what the gov are hiding when they put a 100yr block on the release of any reports / info relating to this sad case.

I also have some original articles written in the shooting press so might be abit bias will find them and scan them does make interesting reading thats if you can believe anything you read?

Yes I read it after that post and what painful reading on ALL levels it makes. Having had a daughter since ‘Dunblane’ I found getting through the clinical account of the moments leading up to and after Hamilton’s evil truly difficult.

The only thing I am sure about having read it in full and notwithstanding the twists & turns that suggest Hamilton should never have been in a position to carryout these murders with licensed firearms, is it won’t aid the call for a repeal of the ban on licensed handguns.

K

I expect that many if not most SD members are parents and the circumstances of Dunblane are absolutely horrific. How someone of such evil as Thomas Hamilton ever came to lawfully possess firearms is something that only the police can answer. By no stretch of the imagination can he have been described as " fit to be entrusted" as required by the Firearms Act,. atb Tim

I agree but will the police ever admit that it was their fault this happened? NO not on your life they turned it to their advantage and got handguns banned.
When you look at things like this, hillsborough, miners strike, findings about the boy shot in the bk of car now deemed wrong by inquiry makes you wonder how corrupt as an institution the police force is yet they seem to continually escape accountability for anything.
I expect that many if not most SD members are parents and the circumstances of Dunblane are absolutely horrific. How someone of such evil as Thomas Hamilton ever came to lawfully possess firearms is something that only the police can answer. By no stretch of the imagination can he have been described as " fit to be entrusted" as required by the Firearms Act,. atb Tim

I agree but will the police ever admit that it was their fault this happened? NO not on your life they turned it to their advantage and got handguns banned.
When you look at things like this, hillsborough, miners strike, findings about the boy shot in the bk of car now deemed wrong by inquiry makes you wonder how corrupt as an institution the police force is yet they seem to continually escape accountability for anything.

thats a sweeping statement that i find offensive. we are not all corrupt.

Unfortunately, we keep hearing about police officers escaping without punishment. Until the honest stand up and force the issue and give evidence it will get worse and as trust breaks down further the rule of law is at risk. I am afraid the solution is in the hands of the police. Stand up or you are part of the problem.

David.

The Police did not shoot our bairns Hamilton did and if he were applying for a ticket today he would get it. He had a clean record and everything he was accused of after the tradgegy was proven by the Judge to be lies and in a few cases fabricated to sell the story to the media by people with convictions as long as your arm. I was at the school within an hour due to my GF having a six year old in P2 and 6 of my pals lost bairns that day. My now GF was in charge of A&E at SRi and i for one am glad i never had to witness that terrible day... Stop Police bashing, they had a job from hell to do at that time.

The Police did not shoot our bairns Hamilton did and if he were applying for a ticket today he would get it. He had a clean record and everything he was accused of after the tradgegy was proven by the Judge to be lies and in a few cases fabricated to sell the story to the media by people with convictions as long as your arm. I was at the school within an hour due to my GF having a six year old in P2 and 6 of my pals lost bairns that day. My now GF was in charge of A&E at SRi and i for one am glad i never had to witness that terrible day... Stop Police bashing, they had a job from hell to do at that time.

​Fair play mr Dot, well said.

Unfortunately, we keep hearing about police officers escaping without punishment. Until the honest stand up and force the issue and give evidence it will get worse and as trust breaks down further the rule of law is at risk. I am afraid the solution is in the hands of the police. Stand up or you are part of the problem.

David.

David

i have had to stand up and i have also been on the recieving end of crap thrown at me for doing my job straight down the line and its not nice having your integrity questioned ive got no time for folk who steal and lie, and dont even start me on killing, rape and drugs. But my hands are tied by rule makers and the higher ranks who aspire for greater things that lose touch with the real would. Ive gonr to complaints about officers and you wont turn me.

I dont know the full facts of Hamilton but what he did was pure evil. every day i get involved in some crime that makes me look at my kids and makes me wish that the world was safer. But if someone wants to bury the facts then there is something to hide and someone has a twitchy arse.

well said.

The Truth will come out in about 35 years once the facts are released under the 50year disclosure act that scotland has.

Yes Police had a bad time But lets not forget who dealt with the injured-dead on that terrible day and who set up a mobile mortuary
The guys n girls from the Ambulance service including Delta alpha's and off duty NHS staff that would of volunteered their services.

Thanks Red Dot,

A comment from someone (else) who was indeed there and has provided an input based on what they "know". Not having read a book!

Last edited:
thats a sweeping statement that i find offensive. we are not all corrupt.
At one of my annual reviews It was brought up by Inspector that I was quite abrasive towards some of my work collegues.
I explained that I could not understand how some people got into the police force that were frightened of the dark, were chain smokers,would rather carry a bible than a note book and another mature adult that lived with a male dwarfe!
His answer was that the Police Force has to be made up of a cross section of the public so that we can interact on the same level.
So it stands to reason that some of them can be the same as other members of the public -corrupt !! but quite rightly as you say, not all of them.

So it stands to reason that some of them can be the same as other members of the public -corrupt !! but quite rightly as you say, not all of them.
Just a high percentage then :-|.

Emotive nonsense.

This is about holding people to account and the Police should have no special right to protection from this. They have a obligation to discharge their duty lawfully, objectively and free of corrupt practice or influence.

That many children died that day is horrific and Hamilton is no less to blame for it.

Nevertheless if there is a reasonable basis to re-examine behavior, facts, relationships or context within which those involved are brought into question then that must take no account of the office they hold, however 'difficult' the job.

At one of my annual reviews It was brought up by Inspector that I was quite abrasive towards some of my work collegues.
I explained that I could not understand how some people got into the police force that were frightened of the dark, were chain smokers,would rather carry a bible than a note book and another mature adult that lived with a male dwarfe!
His answer was that the Police Force has to be made up of a cross section of the public so that we can interact on the same level.

your right there some officers just baffle me as to why they joined. Lazy and spineless. i will reiterate it only a few.

Back