Hill Boots

JC275

What boots are hill stalkers using these days? I'm talking day in, day out use, not a week a year.

I've had many different boots over the years and I know what I like but I am just interested to hear other peoples opinions before I get my next pair.

Must be good quality.

I lowland stalk with a bit of hill every now and again. When my LOWAs wear out I will replace them with another pair the same. Very comfortable durable supportive and totally waterproof.

The stalker where I go in the west Highlands has been using the Lundhag professional for the last three years and swears by them. I got a pair on his recommendation. Love them
Rob

+1 for lowa , just got a pair of diotto black islanders , a lot of grouse keepers swear by them , we will see!

I tend to wear my tried and trusted mountaineering boots, brands such as Scarpa, Meindl (who have a line of hunters boots) etc - all are excellent quality and will last for years properly cared for. I always go to a good outdoor shop that know what they are talking about to get properly fitted.

In wet, boggy, uneven terrain when you are likely miles from nowhere I want a pair of boots I can rely on, not just to keep my feet dry and comfortable but also offer proper support - crucial in bad and uneven terrain. If really wet I combine with gaiters.

Meindl, I get from Sept-Feb out of a pair, they are on every day.

​Used to use Le Chameau but the quality of them isn't as good now.

I have a pair of Chameaus, they now lie in a cupboard.....I now use Lowas, non Goretex model, IMHO MUCH better boots, and cheaper too. Chameaus just aint what they used to be...:)

Back