LDV Vans.

Only up until about six years back, I had an ex police minibus , 2litre petrol, best van I ever owned, & I have had a lot of vans!... sorry can't be more up to date, but If I needed a van I would not turn my nose up at another!, Steve.:cool:

Only up until about six years back, I had an ex police minibus , 2litre petrol, best van I ever owned, & I have had a lot of vans!... sorry can't be more up to date, but If I needed a van I would not turn my nose up at another!, Steve.:cool:[/QUOTE
Thanks Steve.

i drove one every day for 12-13 yrs , if well maintained will never let you down , cheap to repeir and if i remember the 2.8td maxus high top did 30-35mpg fully loaded to 3440kg 60kg short of 3.5ton and that was every day !

They must have improved them a lot then, I last drove them as Ambulances in either V8 or Diesel (the service couldn't decide which), the V8s were unreliable and required a refuel after 100 miles, although would do 115mph when they actually worked. The diesels were gutless, and the vibrations through the transmission were awful, reaching a crescendo of vibrating panels at 70mph, which it took forever to attain, with the wind behind its back. Off-road they are shi-ite, and 1/4 inch of snow will stop them getting up any hills on tarmac, however, they may have improved them since then.

I think we were getting about 22-25mpg out of the diesels and they were thrashed, the petrol, well lets just say we took less than a month to get a set of glasses from the Petrol station with fuel tokens...

My friend is a van dealer and LDV are one of his best sellers.
The reason he will sell plenty because they are cheap and I mean cheap I have ran vans all my working life and you only get what you pay for. Mercs and Volkswagens are best and better than ford I found then 2.8 movano out performed the transit with power and performance and mpg with 200,000 and just servicing and a new turbo in 7 years.

Back