I may not be able to post for a while :-(

neil_r

A quick apology and explanation as to why I may not be posting here for a while, the simple reason is that my wife will have killed me!

I set off tonight at about 22:45 armed with my trusty .243, my bestfoxcall, and a bottle of what can only be described as the best fox stink on the plannet. 6 month fermented boiled up hoof trimmings, rich, black and so overpoweringly obnoxious that it makes me gag.

​To cut a long story short, we have had what can only be called a spillage situation in the front of our 3 month old Landrover Discovery 4. Without doubt, in the morning, she will kill me. :(

Feeble excuse, tell her it's your mistress's perfume.

​She will either think you have lost your sense of smell or taste.

If its as good as the stuff I made last year, and it sounds like the same recipe / ingredients good luck getting rid of the smell, especially if its gone on carpet or upholstery
I'd have probably torched the car and reported it stolen (joking of course)
Wingy

That's what insurance is for.
Would love to see the guys faces at the landrover shop.
I'd assume they can fix it, if they can get near it.
Some new grunt is gonna get to cut his teeth on that one, and find out quickly he wasn't cut out for the spanners

I have never heard of this, please share the recipe. What sort of hoof is best? (deer sheep, cattle) will horse hoof work?... My mate is a farrier so I can get endless supplies of hoof trimmings.

I have never heard of this, please share the recipe. What sort of hoof is best? (deer sheep, cattle) will horse hoof work?... My mate is a farrier so I can get endless supplies of hoof trimmings.

Horse Hoof is best and the recepe is very simple, NB all cooking should be done outside :)

Cut the hoof trimmings into inch long strips then simply boil them on a roling boil for about half an hour. The liquid will still be pretty colourless and will not smell too bad. Poor the liquid into a big sealable jar and leave in the sun for a month (or more) The liquid will turn very black and will really start to stink. The smell can not be exaggerated it is truly aweful and will cling to whatever it comes into contact with. You can dilute for use several times. Foxes (and Badgers) go mad for it.

​Rubber mats are out of the car and the carpets have been shampooed, when dry Fabreze will be attempted, lets see if their advertising is true .........

sell it!
only way to get rid of smells in cars.

once had a carton of milk swell up and burst under a seat in an old datsun.
​scrapped it!

I found a bloated half full milk bottle with lovely green growth in it under the seat of an old civic I once had. I almost called the bomb squad I was sure it was going to blow at any moment as I teased it out from where it was stuck :scared:.

I had a spillage in the back of a hire car after a fishing trip... a load of cod juice in the boot. Didn't notice anything wrong until a warm day a couple of days later got it all brewing nicely and it totally reeked. :oops:

It was washed out and Febreezed as best we could but when I handed the car back I made sure the windows were left open :D

Try washing with tomato ketchup and then a solution of bicarbonate soda. I still have some stuff in a demijohn thats about 5 years old, wicked!:evil:

Last edited:
This is a new one on me. So could you tell how you use this stuff ? Any idea why it works ?
Horse Hoof is best and the recepe is very simple, NB all cooking should be done outside :)

Cut the hoof trimmings into inch long strips then simply boil them on a roling boil for about half an hour. The liquid will still be pretty colourless and will not smell too bad. Poor the liquid into a big sealable jar and leave in the sun for a month (or more) The liquid will turn very black and will really start to stink. The smell can not be exaggerated it is truly aweful and will cling to whatever it comes into contact with. You can dilute for use several times. Foxes (and Badgers) go mad for it.

​Rubber mats are out of the car and the carpets have been shampooed, when dry Fabreze will be attempted, lets see if their advertising is true .........

Get an old camera film case and fill with cotton wool after drilling a hole in the bottom and the lid and thread some cord through and knot the end! Soak the cotton wool in the devils urine and hang it up where you want the fox. It will slowly drip on the floor. You can also insert a pvc pipe into the ground and add cotton wool to the bottom. DO NOT GET IT ON YOU OR ANYTHING ELSE where you don't want it!

spill nail vanish on the carpets tell the wife it must have fell out of bag :eek:and thats why you are trying to clean them then get new ones cos i bet as soon as thay dry that sweet smell will be back :rofl: 28yrs marriage turns a mild man into one cunning chap:old:

UPDATE I am still alive but have a very ****ed off Mrs.

She was very predictable "What would you have said or done had I done that?" she said. Of course my answer was, "I would be very understanding and help you sort it out"

​So the rubber mats are out and washed the carpet has been scrubbed twice with Bicarb and is now sitting with dry bicarb spread all over it ready for another wash in a few hours, I would like to say things are looking up but it still smells worse than the New Delhi sewer system.

Last edited:
Back