Visiting Fort William area

Timbo61

My old man and his other half are heading up to Fort William area for a week or so today. Both in their 80`s, and they will not have a car once up there so I guess they are going to be limited.
Can anyone make suggestions on must see/do attractions at this time of year. Dad is not a hunter, but does love his golf. He is also a Muir by birth, so anything that connects the name to the area would be great.

Train ride from Fort William to Mallaig. You can do it by steam, or save money by using the regular Scotrail service. Either way it's memorable !

Take a train to Corrour, have a walk and a meal in the resturant on the station in spectacular surroundings.

Booking advised.

Thanks everyone, thats one of the things about internet forum I just love. :D
I told them to take plenty of repellant, but I doubt they took that advice as it came from me :cry:.

if he likes his golf tell them to try and get out to TRAIGH golf course near arisaig, only 9 holes and has stunning views overlooking the islands of rhum, eigg, skye. beautiful sandy beaches around morar and arisaig. if they take the train to mallaig theyll see it all out the window, they probably wont get a better week weather wise. used to be a boat called the shearwater that ran from arisaig out to the small isles, plenty dolphins, porpoises, seals etc well worth a visit. grew up there.

I took my wife to Fort William for our honeymoon last August, and we had a fantastic time. The best meal we had was at the Lime Tree hotel. If your folks aren't lucky enough to be staying there, they should definitely try it for dinner one night. Best meal we had in a fortnight of great meals. Guy

Last edited:
Back