Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The hunting high seat ,box is finished

The hunting high seat ,box is finished

At last the hunting tower that over looks my boar feeding place is finished. At the back there is a solar panel that charges the battery that runs the green light LED spot lamp. No need to wait for a snow covered moonlight night. Went up at 12:00 last night to adjust the spot lamp to shine on the feeder area. The spot light has a dawn, dusk relay on it and also has a dimmer switch that can be turned up when the boar come. You can see from the visiter i had last night that the boar arn't worried about the light. Just need to get a nice swivel office chair and its ready to go.

Nice job! All the more satisfying when you have your first one from it.

Very nice Jagare, how many do you hope to take in a season there ?

nice one feller looks like a proper thunderbox on legs

Won't be takeing many this year. Only so much you can eat in a year. Border a member here on SD will get a chance when he's down to try for a roe buck. Problem is that its so warm at the moment and if i were to shoot the big boy who comes at the monent he would not fit in my fridge i hang the roe in.
    I will wait till the weather is a bit cooler to sit out. By then we will be into chaseing them with the dogs as well.

Hi Jagare,
    Where I shoot in Germany they all use cast off office swivel chairs and they are ***** I have never used one yet that did not squeak or crack when you adjust your sitting position. I have found the best solution to be a couple of planks sliding along 2 side rails (put a rail on all 4 walls including the door and it is flexible on direction ) add some old carpet to soften the seat a bit and bob is related to you,

SW Birmingham (Rubery Rednal)
    That looks superb. I'm sure you'll do well from it!

Good build, next one open the angle of the legs a bit. I use free standing at 5% on open seats but the boxes have to cope with so much extra windage I opened to 10% after one blew over. Wind speed was at 105 mph though. At ten degrees they have never tipped with fencing wire doing the security, Jim

Quote Originally Posted by paul o' View Post
    nice one feller looks like a proper thunderbox on legs
    Just had another look? Door is on the side so that flap hanging down has to serve some purpose. You could have a point, Paul.

The flap hanging down is the solar panel. May cut a hole in the floor so i can ****e from a height. The legs are set at 10% and its 3 mtrs to floor level.
    Last edited by Jagare; 11-07-2013 at 15:10.