Thread: Family Holiday

Family Holiday

Hi all, I'm planning on booking a self-catering holiday for me, wife and 4 kids in Scotland for a week at the start of Feb 2010. Of course I don't want to pass up the opportunity of some hind stalking too! This would be our first time in Scotland.
    Anyone have any suggestions or recomendations?
    Thanks in advance.

see post "anyone in Dumfries" try to speak to griff. Steve.

Thanks will do.

Distinguished Member tartinjock's Avatar
    Nairn, Inverness-shire
    Try David Brown from this site, has a chalet and all the facilities, lovely location and fair priced.

Located by Cannich, Glen Affric.

family holiday with a stalk

Hi There. What you ask for is exactly what I specialize in here. Look on to see where we are and whats here. If you stay for a week I will give you a couple of days stalking at no further charge but depending on what you want to shoot I would ask that you pay for the carcase and take it home with you. Last week Herne was here and shot his first Sika-a belter- also look at Tartinjocks post on his trip here or robbo25 or fab2. I have russ andrews from this site here this week and we went out last night. We lay listening to 5 Stags roaring in the trees nearby. Saw 3 in total and Russ shot a good three-year old at 6pm. We are out tonight for a sika stag. Please let me know what you think as i have been a bit disappointed in the number of members who never acknoledge a reply to their requests. David.

See my post "Mellness Odyssey"

Can't recommend Mellness (or David) highly enough.

Try Leckmelm estate near Ullapool wester ross, they have holiday cottages, though never stayed in them, as well as their estate which is a little one, but the stalking is good. Alan is the man to talk to- a real gentleman. its fairly steep thoughn so youd better be fit other estates to try around us is inverpolly and Kenny mckenon, PM me for his number

Get intouch with widowson he has a contact for tighnabruaich Brenda Has nice cottages and stalking on the ground might be possible at your request as she and peter are the landowners.

Thanks guys, plenty to look at!