Thread: Prospects for the 2013 Roe Rut.

Prospects for the 2013 Roe Rut.

Prehaps I might be the only member of the site that isn't at all concerned about the impending roe rut. This year has seen some strange weather and for once virtual all the grass has been mown, we have a reduced cereal crop but more maize, so the bucks should be more easy to see.

I have only seen proper rutting behaviour twice, neither time was I stalking and I do not target bucks durring the rut. The medal heads I have shot have always been post rut when they have spread their genes which seems to me a bit more appropriate.

I have been out virtually every every evening for the last 10 days after foxs and have only seen one buck (that was on the lamp) and they appear to have vanished, I have spared two cracking 6 pointers earlier this month in fact one of which I could of shot on 3 occassions.

So generally this year with the current hot weather and altered cropping patterns how do members think the rut will progress?

shot two bucks fighting over a doe last week, looking at records for last yr, we had them coming to the caller on the 15th July , we are all grass and woods, as to crops, everything has caught up down here now, and the best yr for beans in a long time.

i take it as it comes , i only have 1 day at it because of work so i might be lucky i might not

Discretion assured
    - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857

please visit our web site:
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

I am seeing very few bucks at dusk, however they are out and about first light.

anybody know what the bucks are doing in north yorks at the moment??

I had a look this morning just with the camera , the bucks seem to have vanished.

Quote Originally Posted by Double four View Post
    I had a look this morning just with the camera , the bucks seem to have vanished.
    Same as always you will trip over them and they will feed out of your hand when all the singing and dancing is over!