Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eskdalemuir - A warning!

Eskdalemuir - A warning!

If you get to your lease to find a fallen spruce blocking the road, get your midge jacket on BEFORE commencing work with the chainsaw.

Little b@st@rds. Won't make that mistake again.

you got owned

Paul, must be wick with them with you?

Quote Originally Posted by paul at barony View Post
    you got owned
    Must have made no more than half a dozen cuts mate. Hands got proper munched by 'em, lol...

Lol thanks for the heads up, but now is not a good time to visit. Went up this time last year and my brown dog was turned grey within minutes of stopping ;-)

One day I want to be as wonderful as my dogs think i am .....

yeh tis bad all over scotland right now and scary but skin so soft all over and they don't bite

Rub all over with Irn-Bru or sugar.... rots their teeth.

Avon skin so soft

orrible little gits , in the days before bug suits i came out of a forestry on lewis on an argo and i honestly couldn't see the pickup and trailer it was only 40yrds away i doused myself with JF and made a run for it i can still feel them in my ears eys and nose typing this erghhhhhhh
    a barony original

Much less irksome than the ones with teeth, last night I was coated head to foot, plus all over the motor with little tiny beetles, as they approached I thought they were midges, (yes we do get a few here), they arrived as dusk came & were gone completely by 10 pm, as the air cooled, funny though, as they landed on the motor's roof, they were clicking as they took flight repeatedly, must have been their wing cases opening, looked almost like they were dying, & then taking to the air again.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!