Eskdalemuir - A warning!

Hunting Solutions

If you get to your lease to find a fallen spruce blocking the road, get your midge jacket on BEFORE commencing work with the chainsaw.

Little b@st@rds. Won't make that mistake again.

Lol thanks for the heads up, but now is not a good time to visit. Went up this time last year and my brown dog was turned grey within minutes of stopping ;)

orrible little gits , in the days before bug suits i came out of a forestry on lewis on an argo and i honestly couldn't see the pickup and trailer it was only 40yrds away :eek: i doused myself with JF and made a run for it i can still feel them in my ears eys and nose typing this erghhhhhhh

Much less irksome than the ones with teeth, last night I was coated head to foot, plus all over the motor with little tiny beetles, as they approached I thought they were midges, (yes we do get a few here), they arrived as dusk came & were gone completely by 10 pm, as the air cooled, funny though, as they landed on the motor's roof, they were clicking as they took flight repeatedly, must have been their wing cases opening, looked almost like they were dying, & then taking to the air again.:eek:

U couldn't have had the saw running hard enough. Usually the exhast keeps the midges away but not the cleg's, the ba**ards.

Seen me attempting to eat my lunch with 1 hand on saw throttle running full tilt to keep midges away. Not good:evil:
Could be worse seen the harvester operators with a breakdown trying to strip/put back the geither a harvester head (a pretty complicated bit off kit) and all u can see is the grey biting swarm and there trying to do something as fiddly as that. Dunno how they done it

If you get to your lease to find a fallen spruce blocking the road, get your midge jacket on BEFORE commencing work with the chainsaw.

Little b@st@rds. Won't make that mistake again.

I just saw your post earlier tonight about you going up to Eskdalemuir on the "Friday" and was going to warn you about midges up there thinking it was this Friday (I started typing a response) but realised I was too late and you'd already been! Then I saw this post :D... The midges are unbelievable up there at the moment:eek: Worst I have seen for a long time.

Back