Got a letter to go up and see my fao for an interveiw, would I need a lawyer with me

well to today went good the inspector gave me a yellow card cant even get a parking ticket, and I get to keep my sgc and get my fac sent to me in a couple of days:)

So you got charged and prosecuted for the "alleged" offence then? PLOD gave you a yellow card and you deserved it and got of lucky.

or

You went there and got a final warning despite being convicted of nothing?

Cannot see if it is the latter that this is any kind of result. Please clarify. If you have had a final warning despite the Procurator Fiscal not taking any action then the police are making up the law as they go along and you are letting them.

The Fiscal will not turn anything around in 3-months never mind a week. So if you got reported last week how did you end up with a conviction?

Am I going mad?? Are you not innocent until proven guilty

Last edited:
So you got charged and prosecuted for the "alleged" offence then? PLOD gave you a yellow card and you deserved it and got of lucky.

or

You went there and got a final warning despite being convicted of nothing?

Cannot see if it is the latter that this is any kind of result. Please clarify. If you have had a final warning despite the Procurator Fiscal not taking any action then the police are making up the law as they go along and you are letting them.

The Fiscal will not turn anything around in 3-months never mind a week. So if you got reported last week how did you end up with a conviction?

Am I going mad?? Are you not innocent until proven guilty
went there got interviewed basically just asked me to tell him why I should be aloud to keep my guns, gave me a yellow card (verbal warning), cos av not been charged yet he said he would monitor the court case when PF have charged me and sent me out a date to attend court

So I was right.

You have been charged with nothing as it is before the PF who makes the decision not the police. This is no more than an allegation and you should plead not guilty (unless you are guilty of course) and the police have no right to warn you as it has not been proven that you are a danger the public.

This is not strictly legal (if at all) and you should have joined SACS, SGA or BASC and had this nipped in the bud.

Once it has been to court and the verdict known then that is a different matter.

THIS IS NOT A RESULT, IT IS A FARCE

Post Dunblane it's not necessarily a bad thing that the Police are making clear that they have an interest rather than not being interested at all. We all accuse the Dunblane plod of incompetence, we shouldn't then accuse them when they show an interest.

The "warning" has a legal basis in that the Police are allowed to check if you are a fit and proper person. In itself it is pretty meaningless in law but there's no harm in keeping your head down until it all blows over. Once the case has been dropped/won no harm in having a friendly chat again.

Not sure how literal the "yellow card " is, but it at least lets you know that you are a person of interest. Better that they are open about it.

Until you post what the motoring issue was it's difficult to comment further.

Last edited:
Post Dunblane it's not necessarily a bad thing that the Police are making clear that they have an interest rather than not being interested at all. We all accuse the Dunblane plod of incompetence, we shouldn't then accuse them when they show an interest.

The "warning" has a legal basis in that the Police are allowed to check if you are a fit and proper person. In itself it is pretty meaningless in law but there's no harm in keeping your head down until it all blows over. Once the case has been dropped/won no harm in having a friendly chat again.

Not sure how literal the "yellow card " is, but it at least lets you know that you are a person of interest. Better that they are open about it.

Until you post what the motoring issue was it's difficult to comment further.
the motoring issue was tailgating over taking in the inside lane and cutting someone of

Undertaking or passing on the left is a motoring offence. There are times when this is Allowed that is when you are in lanes of traffic and the lane on your left is moving quicker when someone is turning right and in a one way system.

So I was right.

You have been charged with nothing as it is before the PF who makes the decision not the police. This is no more than an allegation and you should plead not guilty (unless you are guilty of course) and the police have no right to warn you as it has not been proven that you are a danger the public.

This is not strictly legal (if at all) and you should have joined SACS, SGA or BASC and had this nipped in the bud.

Once it has been to court and the verdict known then that is a different matter.

THIS IS NOT A RESULT, IT IS A FARCE
I had a lawyer with me from levy and mcrea they do alot of work for the sga must av been legal

I had a lawyer with me from levy and mcrea they do alot of work for the sga must av been legal

And they are also the Solicitors who do all the work for the Police Federation and provide legal advice to any police officers who need it! :lol:

Last edited:
the motoring issue was tailgating over taking in the inside lane and cutting someone of
Thats 3 offences you have committed, unless you were already in the inside lane and the traffic on the outside lane was travelling slower than yourself then its legal to pass it, also it could be seen as dangerous driving.

Last edited:
With Police Scotland I see firearms licensing departments putting on the squeeze. I recently had a complaint made to the police by a neighbour. I too was 'invited' to attend Pitt St. (many miles away). I had a lawyer with me to cover all eventualities. (at a cost of £540) The meeting was an example of how people in power can and do allow their own interpretation of the law to impose warnings on law abiding people who have not been convicted of any offence.
I have a genuine worry that firearms licensing in Scotland will become a much more restrictive body than the law intends.

Garry,

Were you pulled over by the police for driving like a nutter, or just reported for it? If it was the former and you were cautioned then this makes sense. If not it is an allegation.

Seems reading between the lines you were as guilty as sin and admitted as much to the lawyer and the police.

​If so then you are a lucky boy.

Garry,

Were you pulled over by the police for driving like a nutter, or just reported for it? If it was the former and you were cautioned then this makes sense. If not it is an allegation.

Seems reading between the lines you were as guilty as sin and admitted as much to the lawyer and the police.

​If so then you are a lucky boy.
Yes I got pulled from the normal police not the traffics and they were reporting me for careless and inconsiderate driving

Back