Anti Tw*ts

pezz69

Stood at my bench yesterday comming up for 5pm (finishing time). So I put my shooting times on the bench only to be hurled abuse at. Banter or not its ****ing annoying as these people stand there and give me a real good dressing down about how cruel I am but yet they all still go home and eat meat that has been intensively farmed at least whatever gets shot sure as damned gets eaten here.

This just shows this guys ignorance to our sport, "I thought there where only a few places you can shoot deer in the country".

The fact we on the whole, we as a group of like minded people put so much more back in than we take out.

I have given up arguing with these people now as I have just had enough because they can't see past the rifle or the shotgun so I just say you still eat meat tgat is intensively farmed, I rest my case.

Rant over until I go back to work tomorrow.

Nathan

Sounds like harassment/abuse/bullying. Why not have a word with your manager or HR dept, as I'm sure they would if you shouted your mouth off at them

I see where you're coming from mate, but with the boss being my brother in lae I prefer not to mider him with stuff like this. If it carries on I shall. I wouldn't mind if I could have a discussion but all I get is you are cruel. And no back up argument to it apart from give them a gun and we'll see how sporting it is.

Just clueless idiots at the end of the day.

I work in Warrington mate.

Aye its nice up there. Im at the other end though, could almost class myself as banks.

i refuse to be lectured by people who are eating farmed meat , sitting on their leather suites, unless they are vegan, to me its hypocritical

I just can't be bothered to argue back as they are just clueless idiots in my eyes who do not have a leg to stand on in an argument about our sport.

I could spend all day lecturing them but I get wound up far to easily by these bunch of pricks who quite frankly have mo idea what they are talking about.

i refuse to be lectured by people who are eating farmed meat , sitting on their leather suites, unless they are vegan, to me its hypocritical

If your binlaw is the boss then that may be the real issue they have.

Otherwise, polite one line line responses are ok:

-Who do you pay to kill your meat?
-Still eating the horses?
-I prefer to clean kill rather than electrocute and bolt-shoot my meat like you do.
-etc etc

Interestingly my strongest supporter is my finlaw who is a vegetarian Buddhist. He used to shoot (target) and understands the joy of marksmanship and respects a clean kill whilst being concerned about factory dispatch.

I just ask them at what point in their life did they become vegetarian and when they say they aren't I tell them to shut the #### up and I will happily listen to their point of view when they are..

I was having some steel craned off the truck at a very large abattoir this week, it belongs to a well known supermarket, articulated loads of pigs were arriving in big numbers that day, it was obvious to me that they knew something was not quite right, set me thinking a bit, & I thought that the difference between wandering about unknowing before a bullet strike, & being crammed into a truck within yards of their suspended buddies, must be huge.

When i worked in England a manager from the office arrived on site. In conversation he said that his girl friend thought i was a cruel bårstard for shooting deer. I told him i thought his girl friend was an old slag. He says, you can't say that about my girlfriend. So i explained to him that as his girl friend felt free to judge me without knowing me i felt it was only right i judged her in the same manner.

biggest gobbalot at work trys to score points with the saddoes at work going on n on x infinty bout my evil killing of piggins n peasants then get this the cheeky sod admits loving pigeon could i get im some :evil:.i still havent worked out weather to hang im off the crane by his dangles or just stake him out on a anthill.

There's no logic involved. I tend to find that thoughtful vegetarians/vegans are actually quite supportive - they appreciate the ethics of wild shot meat. It's the unthinking urbanites whose only experience of meat is in sanitised little packets in the supermarket that cause the biggest problem.

There is also an enormous lack of knowledge, from basic biology to understanding of firearms. I had an entertaining interaction with a very militant student, who thought of herself as a serious naturalist. She had a go at me for picking up a hare skull on a field trip: 'you can't do that - that's illegal! They're a protected species and you're not allowed to have possession of any part of them!'. 'Really? How come I'm allowed to shoot them and keep the carcasse in my freezer, then?'. 'You're not - and I shall report you if it's true'. 'Be my guest...'

The media has a lot to answer for, holding fieldsports out as cruel and influencing the public's perceptions, to the point where their reflex action is to label something cruel without giving thought to why that is the case.

Novice

I prefer the one lines as well - "Feck off" being a good one :rofl: , 99% of the time you won't change their mind when they go out of there way to have a dig at you.

If some one mentions it casually or asks then tell them about it. Have had loads of people / friends want to come out with me

The media has a lot to answer for, holding fieldsports out as cruel and influencing the public's perceptions, to the point where their reflex action is to label something cruel without giving thought to why that is the case.

Novice

I'm not sure that's completely true - for instance, the majority of the current crop of celebrity chefs are all very pro wild food, and have all done at least one show where they've gone out and shot something. I think it's more a discomfort with the idea of actually killing something, which they can ignore when buying packaged meat. That and the generally extremely negative attitude toward firearms, which is a media creation.

Though there are some interesting statistics about public perceptions of cruelty, and the mismatch between perception and behaviour: for instance, a majority still think that animal testing of cosmetics ocurrs, when it's been banned for 15 years - and yet they quite happily use the very cosmetics they believe have been tested on animals.

I think it all comes down a basic human fact: people are generally willing to criticise something if the outcome of that criticism has absolutely no impact on themselves.

totally agree with you on that one. I've two vegan friends who rip meat eaters and vegetarians but if you kill it cook it eat it they dont have a problem which always amuses me.

Back